Born to bring a sense of adventure and riding pleasure into your every day, on every outing. Say hello to the new V-Strom 800DE.
The V-STROM 800DE features Suzuki’s brand-new parallel twin 776cc DOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder engine, a rugged new frame, the longest amount of suspension travel, and the tallest ground clearance of any V-STROM model to date. Every aspect of the design is geared to deliver a satisfying experience to riders who desire more power than 650cc class can deliver, and who desire the ability to tour comfortably and confidently.
While its styling stays true to its V-STROM heritage and the Suzuki design ethos of creating unique styling expressions, the V-STROM 800DE offers the appeal of a thoroughly modern new look. Its sharp new “beak” is positioned higher and farther away from the front wheel to visually convey its ability to take you beyond where the pavement ends. Its distinctive hexagonal LED headlight assembly accentuate the front end’s slim, light, and compact appearance.
The advanced electronic systems of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) were developed to assist and help optimise performance characteristics to best suit your level of skill and experience, and to optimise performance characteristics for the riding conditions and road surface at any given moment.
The robust collection of advanced S.I.R.S. electronic systems employed by the V-STROM 800DE include the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), Suzuki Traction Control System (STSC) with G (Gravel) mode, Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System, Bi-directional Quick Shift System, Suzuki Easy Start System, and Low RPM Assist. By making the V-STROM 800DE feel more controllable, predictable, and less tiring to operate, these systems help you ride with greater confidence, whether touring for long distances, carrying gear, or leaving paved roads behind to explore rural trails.
No matter what your purpose may be, no matter where your journey takes you, the V-STROM 800DE delivers the performance, the comfort, the convenience and all the fun to make you the master of every new adventure.
|4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
|Engine Displacement (CC)
|Bore x Stroke
|84.0 mm x 70.0 mm
|Overall Length (mm)
|Overall Width (mm)
|Overall Height (mm)
|Ground Clearance (mm)
|Seat Height (mm)
|Curb Mass (kg)
|Suspension - Front
|Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
|Suspension - Rear
|Link type, coil spring, oil damped
|Brakes - Front
|Brakes - Rear
|Tyre - Front
|90/90-21M/C 54H tube type
|Tyre - Rear
|150/70R17 M/C 69H, tube type
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)
- Newly developed 776cc parallel twin DOHC engine delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm and the satisfying feeling of free-revving performance through to the high end.
- The ignition timing of the engine’s 270-degree crankshaft layout is the same as that on Suzuki’s (90°) V-twin engines, meaning it produces the same powerful rumble and sound for which V-twins are favoured. In addition, the 450 degrees of crank revolution between cylinder firings, (between 270° and 720°), extends the time between power pulses and gives the rear wheel the time it needs to regain traction. This is particularly beneficial when riding on unpaved surfaces or powering out of corners.
- Suzuki Cross Balancer, the first of its type on a production motorcycle to position its two balancers at 90° to the crankshaft. This patented mechanism suppresses vibration to contribute to smooth operation, and a compact, lightweight engine design.
- The air cleaner, positioned under the seat, is a massive six litres and is optimised to maximise torque production at low rpm.
- Cooling system inlet control helps maintain consistent engine temperature and eliminate rough idle while warming the engine in cold weather.
- Electronic throttle bodies help achieve faithful response and a linear feeling to throttle action.
- The 2-into-1 exhaust system features a dual-stage catalytic converter inside the collector that helps satisfy Euro 5 emissions standards, and a long, upswept muffler.
- The six-speed transmission adopts gear ratios that deliver smooth shifting and exciting acceleration, whether shifting normally or using the standard-equipment Bi-directional Quick Shift system to shift without clutch operation.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) leverages precision-engineered ramps to force the clutch boss and pressure plate together and efficiently transfer torque to the rear wheel under acceleration, all while using softer clutch springs. The slipper clutch partially disengages when downshifting to decelerate to mitigate the effect of engine braking. By helping to prevent the rear tyre from hopping and providing smoother deceleration, this function enables the rider to shift down with greater confidence and maintain better control.
SUZUKI Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.)
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) offers a choice between three modes that better support the rider in differing conditions; Active, Basic, or Comfort.
- The Traction Control System introduces G (Gravel) mode as a fourth setting designed to help riders better negotiate gravel roads and flat trails.
- Ride-by-wire electronic throttle control system
- Suzuki’s Bi-directional Quick Shift System (with ON/OFF settings) provides quicker, smoother, more assured shifting, without operating the clutch lever while in motion.
- Two-mode ABS system including Rear ABS OFF mode, which offers more control over braking on gravel by letting the rider switch off rear ABS.
- Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with just one quick press of the starter button.
- Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist function helps maintain engine idle speed to make pulling away from a standing start even smoother and easier.
- A rugged new steel frame developed for the V-STROM 800DE contributes to comfort, straight-line stability, and nimble handling.
- Fully adjustable Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) inverted front forks featuring a long 220mm stroke deliver a smooth, controllable ride.
- Adjustable Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) rear suspension with link. The spring preload can be adjusted easily by hand.
- The longest front and rear suspension stroke on any V-STROM.
- Its 220mm ground clearance is the tallest of any V-STROM model.
- Dual front disc brakes with ø310mm floating-mount discs provide sure stopping power and controllability.
- Wire-spoked wheels with corrosion-resistant coating on the spokes.
- Large 21-inch front and 17-inch rear Dunlop TRAILMAX MIXTOUR adventure tyres.
- A uniquely shaped, lightweight aluminium swingarm with enhanced torsional rigidity to support the increased suspension travel and contribute to straight-line stability.
- Wide tapered handlebars use strong yet flexible aluminium that absorbs shocks on rough surfaces.
- Wide rubber-covered steel footpegs feature a textured surface that prevents slipping.
- The windscreen offers 3-step height adjustment.
- Fitted with a plastic under cover as standard equipment.
- Knuckle covers fitted as standard equipment.
- A custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multi-function instrument panel.
- Vertically stacked LED headlights in hexagonal housings topped by an LED position light.
- Compact LED position lights, turn signals and tail.
- A USB port is built into the left side of the meter cluster