GSX-S1000GX NEW MODEL
Imagine having the superbike-level performance, confidence-inspiring controllability, optimised comfort, functionality, connectivity and attention to detail one expects of a premium sport-touring experience.
The result is the Suzuki GSX-S1000GX — the supreme sport crossover that introduces an exciting new expression of luxurious riding comfort and pleasure.
While sharing its core elements with the other GSX-S series models, the GX features a longer suspension stroke that contributes to its extended front and rear wheel travel, increased ground clearance and comfortable upright riding position. Furthermore, it achieves a whole new level of suspension performance by introducing Suzuki Advanced Electronic Suspension (SAES) — Suzuki’s first electronic suspension — and by adopting Suzuki’s original new Suzuki Road Adaptive Stabilisation (SRAS) system. These technologies combine to make the GX comfortable and controllable on road surfaces ranging from urban asphalt and cobblestones to paved country and winding mountain roads.
Equipped with side cases as standard this new model is well worthy of taking its place as the king of crossover touring comfort and riding pleasure, with a level of aggressive-looking supersport styling and attention to detail that will resonate soundly with discerning riders.
Available Q2 2024.
|4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
|Engine Displacement (CC)
|Bore x Stroke
|73.4 mm x 59.0 mm
|Overall Length (mm)
|Overall Width (mm)
|Overall Height (mm)
|Ground Clearance (mm)
|Seat Height (mm)
|Curb Mass (kg)
|Suspension - Front
|Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
|Suspension - Rear
|Link type, coil spring, oil damped
|Brakes - Front
|Brakes - Rear
|Tyre - Front
|120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
|Tyre - Rear
|190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) is comprised of a collection of advanced electronic rider assist systems to better support the rider in differing conditions.
- The GX is the first motorcycle in the GSX-S series to adopt Suzuki Drive Mode Selector Alpha (SDMS-α), which features integrated management over Power Mode, Smart TLR Control and Active Damping Control settings. Other systems being newly introduced include the Motion Track Brake System, Smart Cruise Control, and the Slope Dependent Control System. And S.I.R.S for the GX also includes the Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System, Bi-directional Quick Shift System, Suzuki Easy Start System, and Low RPM Assist.
- Smart TLR Control integrates the Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) with Lift Limiter and Roll Torque Control, for better bike control under diverse and varying conditions.
- Active Damping Control offers four electronically controlled damping settings – Hard, Medium, Soft and a customizable User setting – to best match the SDMS-α riding modes or the rider’s chosen preference.
- Suzuki Road Adaptive Stabilization (SRAS) activates automatically when riding on cobblestones or other uneven surfaces to provide a smoother ride with softer, more controllable throttle response.
- Electronic rear suspension preload settings offer a choice of four modes to match the load requirements of the moment.
- Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System gives greater controllability over the engine and helps harness that power effectively.
- Bi-directional Quick Shift provides quicker, smoother, more assured upshifts and downshifts without operating the clutch lever.
- Smart Cruise Control that continues to operate when using the Bi-directional Quick Shift
- By intervening to control brake pressure while braking through corners, the Motion Track Brake System helps the rider better trace their intended line through the corner.
- Slope Dependent Control provides more stable braking by monitoring the bike’s posture and optimizing ABS to match the grade and prevent rear wheel lift when travelling downhill.
- Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with just one quick press of the starter button, even without pulling in the clutch when the transmission is in neutral.
- Low RPM Assist makes make pulling away from a standing start even smoother and easier.
- High-performance 999cm3 four-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four engine delivers smooth, consistently powerful output throughout its wide power band enhancing riding experience both at the low- to mid-range engine speeds commonly used when touring and in daily riding, and through the mid-to high-range used when travelling long distances on the highway.
- The engine features a broad, smooth torque curve and power delivery that reduces fatigue when touring at highway speeds, but also combines with electronic control technologies to deliver the excitement of powerful acceleration befitting a sport bike when desired.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system is tuned to feature powerful resonance while that also meets Euro 5 emissions standards.
- Electronic throttle bodies help achieve a better balance between idling speed control and power output characteristics.
- The air cleaner box reduces intake resistance.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) works as an assist clutch to make the lever easier to pull while transmitting the power output, reducing fatigue on long touring.
- Compact, lightweight chassis is engineered to support the engine’s superbike-level of performance and provide maximum control and comfort when riding for long distances.
- The twin-spar aluminum frame is built to deliver nimble handling and great road grip that will go the distance.
- The aluminum swingarm provides great road holding ability contributes to stability in high- speed corners and the strength to withstand heavy loads.
- Handlebars featuring a wider grip, and closer to the rider, contribute to a comfortable upright riding position that reduces fatigue.
- 6-spoke cast aluminum wheels assist with nimble handling, stability and all-round sporty performance.
- Dunlop SPORTMAX Roadsport 2 radial tires are custom engineered to deliver just the right level of rigidity, while the optimised tread pattern enhances positive grip in wet conditions, faster warmup, and durable wear resistance.
- 4-piston Brembo mono-block front brake calipers combined with ø310mm floating-mount twin discs deliver strong, reliable braking performance.
- Suzuki Advanced Electronic Suspension (SAES) leverages Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) SFF-CA™ inverted telescopic front forks and a BFRC-lite® link-type mono-shock rear shock deliver a comfortable and controllable ride.
- Suzuki Floating Ride Control (SFRC) improves manoeuvrability and comfort by helping to keep the seat and handlebars stable while the wheels and tyres absorb the bumps on the road.
- The 3-step height adjustable touring windscreen for greater comfort.
- Knuckle covers as standard-equipment for protection from the elements.
- The 6.5-inch full-color TFT LCD multi-function display features a scratch-resistant surface, an anti-reflective coating, and support for displaying smartphone app content.
- Smartphone connectivity in conjunction with the free SUZUKI mySPIN app provides easy access to contacts, maps, music, phone, and calendar functions.
- USB outlet for charging a smartphone is built into the left side of the TFT LCD instrument screen.
- Vertically stacked LED headlights creates a bold look with unique character that makes the front end look light and ready for action.
- Compact LED position lights run along the sides of the front cowl on an upswept angle add to the distinctive look of the front face.
- LED rear combination light.