GSX-8R NEW MODEL
The Suzuki GSX-8R introduces an exciting new expression of sportbike appeal, performance and riding pleasure. Designed to appeal to riders of all ages and skill levels, the GSX-8R brings the fun of riding a sportbike to every outing. The harmonious pairing of Suzuki’s parallel-twin engine with an optimised chassis layout offers riders power, handling, and comfort that faithfully follows their will and puts them in full control.
Wrapped in the unique styling of a modern interpretation of Suzuki’s sportbike heritage, the GSX-8R features an aggressive, mass-forward look that is slim, compact, well-balanced, and ready for action.
At the core of the GSX-8R is Suzuki’s new-generation parallel twin 776cm3 DOHC engine with the frame built around it to form a perfect package. Every aspect of the design is geared to deliver a satisfying experience to riders who desire more power than the 650cm3 class can deliver, who aspire to ride a bike with the sharp styling of a thoroughbred sportbike, and who desire a satisfying ride that is reassuring and reliable.
With progressive features ranging from its parallel twin engine, robust frame, separately forged aluminium handlebars, uniquely shaped aluminium swingarm, inverted front forks, dual front disc brakes with four-piston radial-mount calipers, LED lighting and colour TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel, to advanced electronic control systems that include Suzuki Drive Mode Selector, Suzuki Traction Control System, the Bi-Directional Quick Shift system and the Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System, the GSX- 8R is a sportbike destined to lead the way toward an exciting new era of riding pleasure.
Available Q1 2024.
|4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
|Engine Displacement (CC)
|Bore x Stroke
|84.0 mm x 70.0 mm
|Overall Length (mm)
|Overall Width (mm)
|Overall Height (mm)
|Ground Clearance (mm)
|Seat Height (mm)
|Curb Mass (kg)
|Suspension - Front
|Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
|Suspension - Rear
|Link type, coil spring, oil damped
|Brakes - Front
|Brakes - Rear
|Tyre - Front
|120/70ZR17M/C 58W, tubeless
|Tyre - Rear
|180/55ZR17M/C 73W tubeless
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) better supports the rider in matching performance to the conditions of the riding scene, road conditions, or preferred riding style.
- Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) with 3 mode settings (+ OFF) enables greater control over the bike’s behaviour under varied riding conditions.
- Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System gives greater controllability over the engine and helps harness that power effectively.
- Bi-directional Quick Shift provides quicker, smoother, more assured upshifts and downshifts without operating the clutch lever.
- The ABS contributes to stable braking by helping prevent the wheels from locking up, even under hard braking.
- Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with just one quick press of the starter button, even without pulling in the clutch when the transmission is in neutral.
- Low RPM Assist makes pulling away from a standing start even smoother and easier.
- 776cm3 parallel-twin DOHC engine delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm and the pleasant feeling of free-revving performance through to the high end.
- The 270-degree crankshaft configuration provides power delivery characteristics and a pleasing sound similar to that of the model’s V-twin brethren.
- The Suzuki Cross Balancer is a patented biaxial primary balancer that contributes to smooth operation and a compact, lightweight engine design.
- Long-reaching iridium spark plugs help enhance combustion efficiency.
- Cooling system inlet control helps maintain consistent engine temperature and eliminate rough idle while warming the engine in cold weather.
- Electronic throttle bodies help achieve a better balance between idling speed control and power output characteristics.
- The 2-into-1 exhaust system features a dual-stage catalytic converter inside the collector that meets Euro 5 emissions standards.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) helps reduce fatigue on long rides and contributes to smoother shifting.
- A rugged steel frame contributes to comfort, straight-line stability, and nimble handling.
- Forged aluminium separate handlebars
- The windscreen protects from the wind to help reduce fatigue on long rides.
- Dual four-piston radial-mount front disc brake callipers act on ø310mm discs to provide sure stopping power and controllability.
- Cast aluminium wheels featuring a unique design
- Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) inverted front forks.
- HitachiAstemo(SHOWA) link-type rear suspension.
- A uniquely shaped lightweight aluminium swingarm with enhanced torsional rigidity.
- Cowl mounted headlight assembly.
- New cowl-mounted mirrors enhance aerodynamic performance and wind protection.
- Custom 5-inch colour TFT LCD multi-function instrument panel displays real-time operating status information.
- Vertically stacked hexagonal LED headlights topped by an LED position light provide a clear view of the road ahead.
- LED rear combination light and LED turn signals.