NEW MODEL V-STROM 800RQ
Following the launch of the V-STROM 800DE in 2022 and proudly carrying on the heritage of excellence first established by the original V-Strom 1000 in 2002, the V-STROM family now offers adventure-loving riders another option with the introduction of the 2024 Suzuki V-Strom 800RQ.
While the V-STROM 800DE was specialised to excel at riding on gravel and other loose road surfaces, the V-STROM 800RQ evolves the chassis in the direction of providing maximum comfort and performance for long-distance touring and high-speed riding. Highly capable at highway speeds or when exploring less travelled routes, it is equally as enjoyable and practical to ride daily around town for work and play.
Featuring Suzuki’s parallel twin 776cm³ DOHC 4-valve-per-cylinder engine, a rugged steel frame, and suspension tuned to maximise straight-line stability and cornering performance. Every aspect of the design is geared to deliver a satisfying experience for riders who desire more power than offered by the 650cm³ class, and who desire the ability to tour comfortably, no matter how far or wide they wish to journey.
The chassis and free-revving engine respond faithfully in a non-assertive fashion that makes the rider’s style and preferences the focus of riding pleasure on every outing. Riders can easily tap its full potential and enjoy a pure riding experience they will continue to enjoy for many years. The new V-STROM 800RQ is ready to enrich the lives of its owners and serve as a dependable partner, wherever its rider wishes to go.
|4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
|Engine Displacement (CC)
|Bore x Stroke
|84.0 mm x 70.0 mm
|Overall Length (mm)
|Overall Width (mm)
|Overall Height (mm)
|Ground Clearance (mm)
|Seat Height (mm)
|Curb Weight (kg)
|Suspension - Front
|Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
|Suspension - Rear
|Link type, coil spring, oil damped
|Brakes - Front
|Brakes - Rear
|Tyre - Front
|110/80R19 M/C 59V tubeless type
|Tyre - Rear
|150/70R17 M/C 69V, tubeless type
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)
- 776cc parallel-twin DOHC engine delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm and the satisfying feeling of free-revving performance through to the high end.
- The ignition timing of the engine’s 270-degree crankshaft layout is the same as that on Suzuki’s (90°) V-twin engines, meaning it produces the same powerful rumble and sound for which V-twins are favoured. In addition, the 450 degrees of crank revolution between cylinder firings, (between 270° and 720°), extends the time between power pulses and gives the rear wheel the time it needs to regain traction. This is particularly beneficial when riding on unpaved surfaces or powering out of corners.
- The Suzuki Cross Balancer is a patented mechanism that suppresses vibration to contribute to smooth operation, and a compact, lightweight engine design.
- Cooling system inlet control helps maintain consistent engine temperature and eliminate rough idle while warming the engine in cold weather.
- Electronic throttle bodies help achieve faithful response and a linear feeling to throttle action.
- The 2-into-1 exhaust system features a dual-stage catalytic converter inside the collector that helps satisfy Euro 5 emissions standards, and a long, upswept muffler.
- The six-speed transmission adopts gear ratios that deliver smooth shifting and exciting acceleration, whether shifting normally or using the standard-equipment Bi-directional Quick Shift system to shift without clutch operation.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) leverages precision-engineered ramps to force the clutch boss and pressure plate together and efficiently transfer torque to the rear wheel under acceleration, all while using softer clutch springs. The slipper clutch partially disengages when downshifting to decelerate to mitigate the effect of engine braking. By helping to prevent the rear tyre from hopping and providing smoother deceleration, this function enables the rider to shift down with greater confidence and maintain better control.
SUZUKI Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.)
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) offers a choice between three modes that better support the rider in differing conditions; Active, Basic, or Comfort.
- The Traction Control System with three mode settings (+ Off) is designed to help riders better negotiate varying riding conditions.
- Ride-by-wire electronic throttle control system
- Suzuki’s Bi-directional Quick Shift System (with ON/OFF settings) provides quicker, smoother, more assured shifting, without operating the clutch lever while in motion.
- Two-mode ABS for differing road conditions. Mode 1 provides minimal intervention. Mode 2 intervenes more proactively.
- Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with just one quick press of the starter button.
- Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist function helps maintain engine idle speed to make pulling away from a standing start even smoother and easier.
- A rugged steel frame developed for the V-STROM 800 contributes to comfort, straight-line stability, and nimble handling.
- Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) inverted front forks deliver a smooth, controllable ride.
- Adjustable Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) rear suspension with link. The spring preload can be adjusted easily by hand.
- Dual front disc brakes with ø310mm floating-mount discs provide sure stopping power and controllability.
- New 7-spoke cast aluminium wheels are sized for optimal touring performance and designed for strength that features a distinctive 'V' shape on each of the spokes.
- New Dunlop D614F/D614 tyres engineered exclusively for the V-STROM 800RQ feature a new tread pattern and custom-engineered internal structure.
- A uniquely shaped, lightweight aluminium swingarm with enhanced torsional rigidity to support the increased suspension travel and contribute to straight-line stability.
- Wide rubber-covered steel footpegs feature a textured surface that prevents slipping.
- The windscreen offers 3-step height adjustment.
- A custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multi-function instrument panel.
- Vertically stacked LED headlights in hexagonal housings topped by an LED position light.
- Compact LED position lights, turn signals and tail.
- A USB port is built into the left side of the meter cluster