Free Yoshimura Slip-On
The GSX-S1000TRQ intelligently combines championship-winning sportbike performance with an exciting and comfortable touring riding experience.
More than an evolution of the prior generation GSX-S1000F, the GSX-S1000TRQ fulfils the transformation in what performance-minded touring enthusiasts desire, whether heading out on a long trip with a pillion or enjoying a sporty solo mission on your favourite winding road. The GSX-S1000TRQ’s performance is a revelation, its appearance breath-taking, and the Suzuki mySPIN connectivity application integrated into the full-colour TFT instrument panel provides easy access to contacts, maps, music, and phone communication.
Using long-stroke, GSX-R engine architecture, the 999cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled DOHC in-line four engine delivers smooth, consistent power throughout its wide powerband. This enhances the riding experience, both at the low- to mid-range engine speeds commonly used in daily riding, and through the mid-to high-range used when travelling long distances on the highway. Refined and controlled performance is managed by Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) technology, including electronic cruise control, traction control and clutchless quick-shifting, so passing slower traffic is an opportunity, never a challenge.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||999|
|Bore x Stroke||73.4 mm x 59.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2140|
|Overall Width (mm)||825|
|Overall Height (mm)||1215|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||140|
|Seat Height (mm)||810|
|Curb Mass (kg)||226|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||19|
- High-performance 999cc four-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four engine delivers smooth, consistently powerful output throughout its wide power band enhancing riding experience both at the low- to mid-range engine speeds commonly used when touring and in daily riding, and through the mid-to high-range used when travelling long distances on the highway.
- The engine features a broad, smooth torque curve and power delivery that reduces fatigue when touring at highway speeds, but also combines with electronic control technologies to deliver the excitement of powerful acceleration befitting a sport bike when desired.
- The compact 4-2-1 exhaust system introduces a layout behind the collector that positions the Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system and muffler, catalytic converters, and a chamber design that meets Euro 5 emissions standards.
- Electronic throttle bodies help achieve a better balance between idling speed control and power output characteristics.
- Air cleaner box reduces intake resistance.
- Camshaft with carefully revised exhaust and intake cam profiles helps reduce emissions while achieving a better overall balance of performance and controllability.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) works as an assist clutch to make the lever easier to pull while transmitting the power output, reducing fatigue on long touring.
SUZUKI INTELLIGENT RIDE SYSTEM (S.I.R.S.) Features:
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) offers a selection of three different output characteristic modes to better support the rider in differing conditions.
- Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) offers a wider selection of 5 mode settings (+ OFF). Finer incremental control over settings allows the system to better fit the more diverse riding conditions under which a true GT machine is expected to excel, whether riding alone or with a passenger, carrying a load of gear, or riding in rough weather.
- Ride-by-wire electronic throttle control system more finely controls the relationship between throttle action and engine output characteristics to match each of the SDMS modes.
- Simpler, lighter, and more compact than the previous mechanical system, it improves controllability while delivering natural response and linear control.
- Bi-directional Quick Shift System (with ON/OFF settings) provides quicker, smoother, more assured upshifts and downshifts without operating the clutch lever.
- Cruise control
- Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with just one quick press of the starter button.
- Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist function is updated to work in conjunction with SCAS and make pulling away from a standing start even smoother and easier.
- The twin-spar aluminium frame is built to deliver nimble handling and great road grip that will go the distance. Its seat rails feature secure side case attachment points and the design allows for a thicker, more comfortable pillion seat.
- The aluminium swingarm, derived from the GSX-R1000, provides great road holding ability, contributes to stability in high-speed corners and other demands of sporty runs, and features the strength to withstand heavy loads.
- In contrast to the outgoing GSX-S1000F, the GSX-S1000TRQ features a more upright riding position for even greater comfort and control.
- Fully adjustable ø43mm KYB inverted front forks deliver a smoother ride, whether touring with a passenger or out enjoying the ride.
- Adjustable link-type rear suspension contributes to agility and stability.
- Dunlop SPORTMAX Roadsport2 tyres are custom engineered to deliver just the right level of rigidity, while the optimised tread pattern enhances positive grip in wet conditions, faster warmup, and durable wear resistance.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS).
- 4-piston Brembo mono-block front brake calipers mated with ø310mm floating-mount dual discs deliver strong, reliable braking performance.
- Unique to GSX-S1000 models, the TRP six-spoke, lightweight, cast aluminium wheels look great and contribute to the bike’s nimble handling and sporty performance.
Electric Equipment Features:
- The GSX-S1000TRQ adopts a custom 6.5-inch full-colour TFT LCD multi-function display that features a scratch-resistant surface, an anti-reflective coating, and support for displaying smartphone app content.
- Smartphone connectivity in conjunction with the free SUZUKI mySPIN app provides easy access to contacts, maps, music, phone, and calendar functions.
- A selection of third-party apps adds a variety of further content, such as navigation, routing and time to destination functions, weather information, and more.
- USB outlet for charging the rider’s smartphone is built into the left side of the TFT LCD instrument screen.
- Horizontally aligned LED headlights combine with LED position lights to create a bold look inspired by jet fighters.
- LED rear combination light.
Terms and conditions: This Suzukifest offer is available on new GSX-S1000TRQ models only and includes a Free R-77S Yoshimura Slip-On at participating Suzuki dealers from 01/10/23 – 31/12/23, or while current stocks last. Excludes demo units and all other promotions. Aftermarket accessories are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.