The GSX-S1000 now aims to deliver greater controllability, agility, and power for an even more exciting riding experience, while complying with worldwide emissions standards. A multitude of updates hones the GSX-S1000’s physique into an even tighter and more striking package that is ready to turn heads and own the streets.
Styling immediately draws your attention to the GSX-S1000. Tight, angular styling makes it clear that this light and muscular, naked street bike is a serious contender. It’s hard not to stare at the stacked LED headlights housed in a minimalistic cowling that resides between a pair of MotoGP-inspired winglets protruding from the angular radiator shrouds.
The advanced electronic systems of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) let you optimise performance characteristics to best suit your riding style, your level of experience, and the riding conditions. This makes the GSX-S1000 more controllable, more predictable, and less tiring to ride in daily use and on longer outings.
It’s all about commanding performance, confidence-inspiring controllability, rider friendliness, and looks that just can’t be beaten.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||999|
|Bore x Stroke||73.4 mm x 59.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2115|
|Overall Width (mm)||810|
|Overall Height (mm)||1080|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||140|
|Seat Height (mm)||810|
|Curb Mass (kg)||214|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||19|
- Lead by a stacked LED headlight assembly and bold, angular styling that includes MotoGP inspired winglets, the GSX-S1000’s aggressive naked sportbike stance speaks of power and performance potential.
- The thin tail section creates a lighter, tougher profile with a mass-forward look that accentuates the muscular bulk of the mid-section.
- Three available body colours, including Metallic Triton Blue, the main colour and symbol of the Suzuki brand identity, Glass Mat Mechanical Gray, and Glass Sparkle Black.
- Understated SUZUKI logos on the fuel tank and a fresh font for the model name on the radiator shroud present a mature, sophisticated appearance.
- Carbon fibre-like textured pattern is strategically applied to the sides of the frame so the rider’s legs can better grip the chassis. This pattern also adds a joint appearance of quality and high-performance while enhancing the GSX-S1000’s look of quality.
- The compact 4-2-1 exhaust system contributes to stronger low-to-mid range output by tuning the exhaust pressure waves.
- Finely tuned fuel injection system uses 10-hole, long-nosed injectors on each throttle body to maximise loading efficiency and performance, while also contributing to lower fuel consumption.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) provides smoother deceleration and better control when downshifting, while also realizing a lighter touch to clutch lever operation.
SUZUKI INTELLIGENT RIDE SYSTEM (S.I.R.S.) features:
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) allows selection from three different output characteristic modes to match individual riding preferences in differing conditions, whether out for a sporty run or a track day event, riding on slippery or rough roads, or just enjoying a leisurely ride on city streets.
- Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) with 5 mode settings + OFF.
- Ride-by-wire electronic throttle control system is simpler, lighter and more compact than the previous mechanical throttle.
- Bi-directional Quick Shift System provides quicker, smoother upshifts and downshifts without operating the clutch lever.
- The Suzuki Easy Start System lets the rider start the engine with just one quick press of the starter button, and without having to pull in the clutch lever.
- Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist function is updated to work in conjunction with SCAS and make pulling away from a standing start even smoother and easier.
- The twin-spar aluminium frame, with a straight main tube from the steering head to swingarm pivot, achieves high rigidity, and is lightweight for nimble handing and road-holding performance.
- The aluminium alloy swingarm is derived from the GSX-R1000 supersport model.
- Handlebars with 23mm wider grip and revised angle combine with an updated seat design to achieve an upright riding position.
- Fully adjustable ø43mm KYB Inverted front forks.
- Adjustable link-type rear suspension contributes to agility and stability.
- 6-spoke cast aluminium wheels contribute to nimble handling and sporty appearance.
- Dunlop SPORTMAX Roadsport2 tyres further contribute to nimble, predictable handling and sporty performance, while also improving grip feel. Combined with the front and rear suspension settings, these tyres instil greater confidence at all speeds.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS).
- 4-piston Brembo mono-block front brake calipers combined with ø310mm floating-mount dual discs deliver strong, reliable braking performance.
Electric Equipment features:
- Vertically stacked LED headlights in hexagonal housings topped by an LED position light.
- LED front and rear turn signals.
- Double-lens LED rear combination lights.
- Informative, easy-to-read full-LCD instrument panel features a custom display with exclusive graphics and white backlighting.