Real Value 5 Year Warranty Package
We are committed to giving you the best quality, value and service when you purchase a new Suzuki. We back that up with our Real Value 5 year Warranty Package.
Our Real Value new vehicle warranty package provides peace of mind for up to 5 years or 100,000 km1 and is made up of three components.
- The first is a comprehensive 3 year/100,000 km1 new vehicle warranty, which covers your entire vehicle for the most important part of its lifecycle.
- To further protect your investment past the 3 year/100,000 km1 comprehensive new vehicle warranty, we offer a 2 year powertrain warranty extension.2
- You will also have the benefit of a 5 year Suzuki roadside assistance plan for total peace of mind 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.3
1Whichever occurs first (full details below).
2Subject to your vehicle being serviced in accordance with our recommendations at an authorised Suzuki service centre (full details below).
3Unlimited kilometres – see full details, terms and conditions for Suzuki Assist.
Genuine Suzuki parts and service
By servicing your vehicle at an authorised Suzuki service centre you are ensuring that your vehicle is correctly maintained by trained technicians with the knowledge and equipment to keep it in optimal condition. It will also ensure that your vehicle is fitted with genuine Suzuki parts and meets the service requirements of our Real Value warranty programme.
Understanding your warranty
Suzuki New Zealand and authorised Suzuki Dealers provide warranty cover against product failure. It does not cover fair wear and tear.
Providing the vehicle has been used in a normal fashion and serviced in accordance with the prescribed schedule, this warranty extends for the time and mileage relevant to the model you have purchased.
The warranty applies only to vehicles supplied or distributed by Suzuki New Zealand Limited and while the vehicle resides in New Zealand.
To transfer the warranty to a subsequent owner, notify Suzuki New Zealand by clicking on Contact Us and using the drop-down box under enquiry to select 'Transfer Ownership'. This must be completed immediately by the new owner.
Your authorised Suzuki service centre must be notified of any defect immediately after its discovery and the vehicle must be presented to the dealer for repair as soon as possible.
The warranty protects against the possibility of faulty manufacturing or materials. Parts and labour costs relating to normal scheduled servicing are at the owner’s expense.
Terms and conditions
3 year new vehicle warranty
Suzuki New Zealand Ltd (Suzuki) warrants that if within 36 months or 100,000 km1 of the date of retail sale any part of the vehicle is found to be defective due to faulty Suzuki materials or manufacturing, the defect will be repaired or parts replaced free of charge.
This is providing the vehicle:
- Has been supplied or distributed by Suzuki New Zealand Limited
- Shall only be repaired by an authorised Suzuki repairer
- Has been maintained in accordance with recommended Suzuki maintenance schedules
- Has been operated in accordance with Suzuki recommendations and not subject to misuse or accident
- Has not been modified or altered from the original production configuration
- Has not had the odometer in the vehicle tampered with or disconnected
- Has not been previously deregistered
*Jimny Flatdeck Truck warranty qualifies for 24 months/40,000 km1 only with no extensions applying.
1 Whichever occurs first.
2 year powertrain warranty extension offer
Upon meeting the conditions outlined here and in your warranty and service manual, your new Suzuki vehicle will have the protection of a 2 year powertrain warranty extension. The powertrain warranty extension is limited to a maximum odometer reading of 100,000 km.
Typically, the most expensive components of a vehicle involve the powertrain, so the additional coverage of these components provides peace of mind and can potentially enhance the value of your vehicle if you upgrade within the 5 year period.
This 2 year/maximum 100,000 km1 powertrain warranty extension applies from the completion of your 3 year new vehicle warranty and is available if all the scheduled and required maintenance services have been completed by an authorised Suzuki service centre.
The standard warranty exclusions below also apply to the powertrain warranty extension.
1 Whichever occurs first.
For the purposes of this agreement, the powertrain refers to the internal mechanical items that comprise the engine, transmission, transfer box and differentials. This includes the engine block and its internal components such as crankshaft, pistons, rings, connecting rods, bearings, camshafts, rocker arms, balance shafts and oil pumps, cylinder head, valves and variable valve actuators. For the gearbox/transmission/differential it includes the case, gears/belt, torque converter, bearings, wet clutch packs, viscous control units and integrated electronic control devices.
Your powertrain warranty does not cover:
- Vehicles used for hire or reward
- Vehicles used for motor racing, rallies, speed, or duration testing or any practice thereof
- Any part of the vehicle not classified as powertrain
- All clutch components, driveshaft boots, universal and constant velocity joints
- All water pumps, turbochargers, cambelts, timing chains, steering, suspension, brake components, and scheduled service items
- Normal wear and tear when used in severe conditions
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
Except where the buyer has acquired the goods for the purposes of a ‘business’ as defined in Section 2 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, nothing in the above shall affect or limit the rights of the buyer under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, and this warranty shall in all respects be subject to the provisions of the Act. The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply where the buyer acquires the goods for the purposes of a ‘business’.
While your Suzuki Warranty is very comprehensive, there are exclusions as listed below:
- Wheel balancing and alignment after 1,500 km or one month from registration
- Any repair/adjustment performed by any provider not authorised by Suzuki or damage resulting therefrom
- Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-up, general tightening
- The replacement of consumables, including but not limited to brake linings, tyres, clutch plates, cables, bulbs, window glass, filters, lubricating oil, fluids, spark plugs, fuses, brushes
- Environmental conditions such as stone-chipping, tree sap, salt, hail, storm damage, bird droppings, sand or industrial fall-out
- Accident, theft or fire
- Damage resulting from misuse, negligence, alteration, accident, competition, racing or failure to follow recommended routine maintenance procedures
- Paintwork, brightwork or finishing repairs due to causes beyond the control of Suzuki New Zealand Limited
- The introduction of non-approved modifications, including but not limited to engine modification, software changes, and tyre installation
- Damage caused by operating a vehicle while a fault is known to exist, or use of fuel, lubricants or fluids not recommended by Suzuki
- Accessory items including, but not limited to; radio, tow bar, monsoon shield, etc. Such items are subject to the warranty conditions of the respective manufacturer
- Diminished shock absorber efficiency after 50,000 km
- Minor squeaks and rattles after 20,000 km or 1 year from registration
- Damage caused by the fitting/use of non-genuine parts (e.g. engine oil filter)
Transfer of warranty/ownership
As the new owner of a used Suzuki, you should transfer the ownership, and if applicable, the remaining factory warranty of your Suzuki by completing the Contact Us form. Select ‘Transfer of Ownership and Warranty’ option from the drop-down box and fill in the details requested.
If you do not have internet access please contact your local Suzuki Dealer and they will be happy to complete a transfer for you. Alternatively you can call Suzuki NZ Head Office on 06 349 1222.
There are a number of things you can do to assist in maintaining the appearance and value of your investment and in ensuring the warranty provisions are met.
Routine scheduled maintenance is the owner’s responsibility. You should retain evidence that the maintenance has been performed according to Suzuki recommendations.
You should retain evidence that the maintenance has been performed according to Suzuki recommendations. Claims made during the warranty term will not qualify if resulting from lack of maintenance rather than from defective materials.
If your vehicle is subject to use under severe driving conditions, you should follow the special maintenance requirements specified in your owner’s manual.
Additionally, you are required to take the following action should your vehicle be used in any of the conditions described below:
- After running in sand or salt water, the vehicle must be washed top and bottom thoroughly with fresh water
- After running in deep mud, inside of brake drums must be washed clean
- After running in water above axle height, gear and differential oil must be changed and King Pin bearings greased
- If vehicle is to be subject to prolonged chemical or coastal exposure, additional corrosion protection must be applied, and the under body frequently hosed with fresh water
What colour is my car?
You can find the colour code for your vehicle on the Identification Plate located either under the bonnet or inside one of the front doors (base of B pillar). Alternatively, you can contact Suzuki New Zealand or your local Suzuki dealership, see https://www.suzuki.co.nz/Find-a-Dealer, and they can identify the colour code through the Suzuki Warranty system.
How can I update my Satellite Navigation system?
You can find information on updating your Satellite Navigation unit on the Suzuki website under our Updates and Recalls section. You can find this by clicking here https://www.suzuki.co.nz/Cars/owners/updates-recalls. Should you require any further technical assistance you can call our warranty and technical team at SNZ Head Office on 0800 SUZUKI (0800 78 98 54).
Why are some roads not showing on my Sat Nav?
It can take approximately 2 years for new road layouts to be collected in updated data form, verified, and then added to the software so it is visible on your Sat Nav.
I’ve purchased/am purchasing a used NZ New Swift, how do I find out what factory warranty it may have remaining?
You can email Suzuki head office with the vehicle registration number or vehicle identification number and someone from our warranty or customer service team will clarify what warranty and roadside assist may apply to the specific vehicle. You can also call Suzuki head office on 0800 SUZUKI (0800 78 98 54).
How do I know if my vehicle has been involved in a recall or safety campaign?
You can find out more about our safety recall process on our website under the Owners/Recalls & Updates section. You can find this by clicking here https://www.suzuki.co.nz/Cars/owners/updates-recalls.
What type of petrol is best for my Suzuki?
You may be able to identify which type of petrol your vehicle requires by checking the information panel inside your fuel cap cover. If you require further assistance you can call our warranty and technical team at SNZ Head Office on 0800 SUZUKI or send us message through the contact form https://www.suzuki.co.nz/Contact.
Why does my Suzuki not come with a spare tyre?
Some Suzuki Sport models substitute a Flat Tyre Repair Kit in place of a temporary use spare wheel, this reduces weight and takes up less space. Please consult your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual for correct use of this kit.
My Suzuki is a Japanese import and the radio is in Japanese, can I change this to English?
Your local dealership will be able to provide a range of options in this situation and help find the best choice for you. You can find your closest Suzuki dealership by clicking here https://www.suzuki.co.nz/Find-a-Dealer.