We protect what we love
Whether or not it’s your first child, the moment you buckle them in and start to drive, everything feels different. The safety of your precious cargo is paramount, and this comes down to how you drive, what you drive, and what they’re seated in. Affordable, reliable and safe cars. That’s the Suzuki Parent Promise.
Our gift to you
For your peace of mind, and their protection, we will supply a Whānau Āwhina Plunket recommended ISOFIX* 2-in-1 convertible car seat valued at $299 for FREE, when you purchase a new Suzuki car. It’s part of our ongoing commitment to keeping our children safe around vehicles, and in the community.
SUZUKI PARENT PROMISE OFFER
The Safety 1st Jive Lite convertible car seat gives you two seats in one. It keeps your child safe, from 2.3 to 29 kg. Your baby can comfortably ride rear-facing up to 18 kg (recommended) and when the time comes, your “big kid” can ride forward-facing up to 29 kg. This car seat is ISOFIX equipped so that it quickly and securely clicks into place, in all our small cars and SUVs.
SAFETY 1ST JIVE LITE FEATURES
- Rear-facing 2.3-18 kg
- Forward-facing 10.1-29 kg
- Side impact protection
- ISOFIX LATCH equipped
- 5-point harness with easy up-front adjustment
- 1 removable dishwasher-safe cup holder
- Removable head pillow and harness pads
- Machine washable and dryer safe fabrics
- Extra soft and plush textured fabrics
CHILD RESTRAINT REQUIREMENTS
Under New Zealand law, all children under seven years or until they are 148cm tall must use a child restraint (also called a car seat) that’s appropriate for their age, size, and development. They can only travel in a vehicle if you can put them in an approved child restraint. The driver is responsible for making sure any child under seven years old is properly restrained.
Sadly, every year many children are injured, or die, as a result of a car accident. An appropriate car seat is the best protection your child has while travelling in a vehicle.
Read more car seat advice from Plunket.
Offer terms and conditions
- One car seat per new Suzuki vehicle sold to a Plunket customer or expecting new parent.
- Offer to be redeemed at the time of purchase of the new Suzuki vehicle.
- This model car seat could be subject to change based on stock availability, however an alternative of the same quality would be offered should this model no longer be available.
- If you purchase a vehicle and do not wish to use the car seat, we can donate it on your behalf to your nearest Plunket centre. Please advise the Suzuki dealership at the time of purchase.
- *Refer to the car seat manual for the use of the ISOFIX anchors.
How to install your car seat
The Safety 1st Jive Lite 2-in-1 convertible car seat, recommended by Whānau Āwhina Plunket, grows with your baby right up until they are 125cm tall and/or 29kg, whichever comes first.
Here is a helpful video on how to install this car-seat forward-facing.
Here is a helpful video on how to install this car-seat rear-facing.
For your child’s safety it is important that you and your child’s other caregivers are familiar with the installation and operation of the car seat. This includes adjusting the straps to correctly fit and protect your child, as well as installing the seat into your Suzuki either forward-facing or rear-facing.
Please see below for more information on how to install this child car seat into a vehicle.
IMPORTANT SAFETY TIPS
- Read the installation manual carefully and keep it in a safe place for when you need to refer to it again.
- All adjustments to get the correct position of the harness, buckle and chest clip must be completed with your child in the car seat BEFORE it is installed into the vehicle.
- Plunket recommends all infants and toddlers should ride in a rear-facing car seat as long as possible, up to the limits of the car seat and until they are at least two years old. For rear-facing with the Safety 1st Jive Lite car seat supplied, the maximum weight is 18kg and/or the maximum height allowed is 101cm.
Your best resource for installing your Jive Lite car seat is the installation manual that comes with your car seat. There are also quick reference installation guide labels on the side of the car seat and a helpful install video on our website suzuki.co.nz under the Suzuki Parent Promise section.
If you wish to seek the advice of a trained Plunket child restraint technician, please use one of the following e-mail addresses:
Auckland and Northland: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waikato to Wellington: email@example.com
South Island: firstname.lastname@example.org