V-STROM 650A Suzukifest
The trouble with adventure bikes getting bigger and bigger is that the adventure bit gets smaller and smaller. Which is why many real adventure riders regard Suzuki’s V-Strom 650 as the perfect adventure bike. Power and comfort to effortlessly transport you to the middle of nowhere, and light enough to confidently tackle the more adventurous stuff when you get there. Fuel-injected V-twin, ABS, switchable 3-mode traction control, and 12v DC outlet to charge your phone and power your sat nav.
Before you find yourself outside the Whangamomona pub asking for help to lift a behemoth up off the pavement, do yourself a favour and check out a V-Strom 650 at your nearest Suzuki dealer.
Available as full power or LAMS model.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90º V-twin|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||645|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2275|
|Overall Width (mm)||835|
|Overall Height (mm)||1405|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||170|
|Seat Height (mm)||835|
|Curb Mass (kg)||213|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||110/80R19 M/C 59V, tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||150/70R17 M/C 69V, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||20|
- Four-stroke, DOHC 645cc 90-degree V-twin engine.
- 3 Mode Traction Control (2 modes and off) Mode 1 has a lower level of intervention applied at a later timing, so not to interrupt a sporty ride. Mode 2 has a higher level of intervention applied at an instant, controlling and preventing the slightest amount of spin, and more actively supporting the rider in situations such as in the rain or on slippery road surfaces.
- Suzuki Easy Start System enables the engine to start with only one push of a button.
- Low RPM Assist to support clutch engaging and low rpm riding.
- Adjustable windscreen with three-positions for increased wind protection.
- Toolless adjustable rear suspension preload.
- Finely tuned and 10 hole fuel injection system employs SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) for smoother power delivery.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plating on the cast aluminium cylinder achieves heat dissipation.
- Class-leading fuel range to support long-distance touring.
- Tin plated pistons and additional resin coat on the skirts for largely improved friction saving and durability.
- A down-pipe exhaust system, like the V-Strom 1000, results in lighter handling due to the lower centre of gravity.
- A comfortable upright riding position.
- Large 20L fuel tank.
- Informative multi-function instrument panel.
- 12V DC outlet for powering a satellite navigation system or for charging your phone.
- Vertically positioned headlights and exterior design in kin to the V-Strom 1000.
- Highly visible LED taillights.
- Slim and easy to manoeuvre bodywork with a slim tank design in the knee-gripping area.
Terms and conditions: This Suzukifest offer applies to new Suzuki DL650A/U models only at participating Suzuki dealers from 01/10/23 – 31/12/23, or while current stocks last. Excludes demo units and all other promotions.