Suzuki riders struck motorcycling gold when the first SV650 debuted in 1999. Since then, this iconic motorcycle has seen continual improvements while still embodying the sporty personality that only a lively, mid-sized V-twin roadster can deliver.
The SV650 has a polished powerplant that provides surprising performance and outstanding fuel economy, mounted in a trim and lightweight chassis that delivers a sporty, exciting ride.
Available as a full power model or learner-approved.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90º V-twin|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||645|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2140|
|Overall Width (mm)||760|
|Overall Height (mm)||1090|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||135|
|Seat Height (mm)||785|
|Curb Mass (kg)||198|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||14.5|
- Low RPM Assist - New technology is featured on the new SV650, TI-ISC has the Low RPM Assist control function. In the launching operation or low rpm riding conditions, ECM activates ISC system. By opening the ISC circuits, engine rpm slightly raises. Normally in launching the motorcycle, engine rpm drops when the clutch is engaged. This general behaviour causes engine stall. The Low RPM Assist helps rider for smoother launching operation in low rpm range. It also makes easy to ride at low speed in stop and go traffic
- Dual Spark 90° V-Twin - The Suzuki V-twin engine is a marvel of engineering and superb versatility. While at lower RPMs, this engine delivers powerful torque that’s easy to handle and a deep robust sound.
- Open the throttle to mid-range, and the power of the engine responds linearly and smoothly, yet always under your control. Finally at higher RPMs, the V-twin cruises with performance ready to go, even at higher gears.
- Lightweight - With a remarkable weight of only 198 kg, the SV650 makes manoeuvring and handling a sheer joy. The benefits of making the motorcycle lightweight are multi-fold — more responsive acceleration, nimble handling and greater confidence in manoeuvring. Riders of all levels can take to the city or winding roads and experience unrestricted fun.
- Slim Body - Achieving a slim body isn’t only about the motorcycle’s seat height. The SV650’s streamlined profile is the result of ergonomically shaped side covers and optimised seat design, which let you straddle the motorcycle with your feet on the ground comfortably while stopped and easily lean into and manage corners while riding.
- Elegant and Sporty Design - making the V-twin engine highly visible.
- Truss Pipe Frame - The truss is constructed of lightweight steel material that allows an overall slimmed down appearance while proudly emphasising the beauty of the robust V-twin engine.
- SCEM - The aluminium die-cast cylinder adopts the patented Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) chrome-plated cylinder, which provides high heat dissipation properties and resistance to wear. The hard exterior coat makes it possible to efficiently dissipate high heat while reducing friction, and achieve a consistent wear resistant seal on the piston rings.
- Dual Spark Technology - Suzuki’s Dual Spark Technology utilises two spark plugs per cylinder for precision ignition. The result is increased combustion efficiency, smoother power delivery, lower fuel consumption and lower emissions.