The Master of Adventure
Introducing the new generation 2020 V-STROM 1050. The latest entry into the V-STROM legend is here to help you escape into the wilderness and explore to your heart’s content. A sleek look with the latest features allows for a smooth and comfortable ride. Limitless potential is engineered in so you can continue your adventure without pause.
The V-STROM’s 1037cc, 90-degree V-twin engine has more peak power than ever before while maintaining its strong pull off the bottom and superb fuel economy while complying with emissions standards worldwide. New camshafts and pistons are fed by a pair of large, 49mm, Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies that deliver smooth, light throttle grip action while allowing the addition of a precise cruise control system.
An updated Traction Control System, now with four modes of adjustment, is joined by a new Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) that lets the rider choose from three different engine power delivery characteristics. Regardless of weather conditions, the Suzuki Easy Start System fires the V-STROM’s engine up with just a momentary press of the starter button. Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist system returns, making it easier for a V-STROM rider to avoid stalling the engine when pulling away from a stop or manoeuvring through heavy traffic.
The Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) brings an extraordinary suite of rider aides to the 2020 V-STROM 1050XT. This includes the updated Motion Track Anti-lock and Combination Brake System with a new six-direction IMU and rider-selectable ABS sensitivity, plus three new systems that assist braking operation in a variety of conditions. Each element of S.I.R.S. provides riders stress-free use and convenience during long-distance adventures, commuting, or pleasure riding.
Like every V-Strom before it, the style, performance, and value of the 2020 V-STROM 1050XT will be instantly recognized by experienced and enthusiastic riders. No other adventure bike can deliver the combination of features with the promise of trouble-free travel like the V-STROM 1050XT.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90º V-twin|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||1037|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 mm x 66.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2265|
|Overall Width (mm)||940|
|Overall Height (mm)||1465|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||160|
|Seat Height (mm)||850|
|Curb Mass (kg)||247|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||110/80R19M/C 59V, tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||150/70R17M/C 69V, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||20|
- New styling retains Suzuki’s original rally-beak look with a stacked, rectangular LED headlight while paying homage to past Dakar Rally bikes and the DR-Big large-displacement DualSport.
- The 1037cc, V-twin engine has more horsepower than ever before but retains its strong pull in the lower-rpm range and good fuel economy while complying with worldwide emissions standards.
- Ride-by-Wire dual electronic throttle assemblies, cruise control, traction control with four sensitivity modes, a three-mode Drive Mode Selector, and the Easy Start System that makes start-ups quick and easy.
- The updated Motion Track Brake System combines information of the posture of the vehicle with the front and rear wheel speeds. This allows the ABS to activate not only in a straight line but also when the vehicle is leaning.
- Hill Hold Control System When the vehicle stops on an upward slope and applies the brakes, this system automatically operates the rear brake for around 30 seconds to prevent the vehicle from backing down the hill even if the rider releases the brake lever/pedal.
- The new Slope Dependent Control System constantly monitors the posture of the vehicle even when the vehicle is travelling downhill. When the rider operates the brake lever or pedal on a downhill, the electronic control unit controls brake pressure to prevent rear wheel lift.
- Load Dependent Control System This system supports optimal braking in response to load conditions. The system constantly learns changes in the braking deceleration through the input of hydraulic pressure as the load increases or decreases when riding with a load or in tandem.
- The newly equipped cruise control system maintains the set speed without the rider having to operate the throttle - a feature for long-distance touring that helps reduce rider fatigue. Cruising speed can be set from approximately 50km/h to 160km/h at fourth gear or above. A switch on the right handlebars can be pressed to put cruise control into standby, and a selector switch (up/down) on the left handlebars allows the rider to adjust the speed.
- An updated traction control system is used to let the rider be in control with more confidence in diverse conditions with less stress and fatigue. The traction control mode is increased to three modes plus off mode for diverse road conditions, or to match the rider’s preference more. Note: Traction control system is not a substitute for rider’s throttle control under the various conditions and traction control cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when entering turns, or while braking, and it does not control front wheel traction.
- The Low RPM assist system monitors and automatically raise the idle speed when taking off from a stop or when riding slowly making it easier for you to pull away from a standstill.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) works as an assist clutch to make the lever easier to pull while transmitting the power output, reducing fatigue on long touring.
- Electronic Throttle Body Now, ride-by-wire throttle system is simpler, lighter and more compact than the previous model, with a larger bore (49mm compared to 45mm of the previous model). The throttle body is independently installed to both the front and rear cylinder. Each throttle body has a single butterfly valve, allowing each to be opened and closed using its own independent motor for precise control.
- Camshafts and Cam-timing Both the exhaust and intake cam profile are changed so that the amount of lift is increased and the cam- timing has been set with less overlap providing better combustion efficiency and contributes to higher power output and low fuel consumption.
- Dual Spark Technology Each cylinder head is equipped with two iridium spark plugs. The ignition timing is controlled independently contributing to high combustion efficiency, higher power output, a more linear throttle response, easier engine startup and a more stable idle.
- The newly programed ECM (Engine Control Module) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has optimized settings to meet Euro 5 regulations.
- A new liquid-cooled oil cooler located where the oil filter is attached, and takes up less space and is both lightweight and compact. The liquid-cooled oil cooler provides flawless lubrication for a more powerful engine.
- Multi-function Instrument Cluster
- A USB port ideal for a smartphone, navigation system, or other similar device.
- Adjustable Suspension With an inner tube diameter of only 43mm, the spring preload and compression/rebound damping of the KYB inverted front forks can be fully adjusted, allowing the suspension to be set based on the preference of the rider or the usage conditions. The rear suspension is a bottom link type mono-shock, and the preload can be adjusted simply by turning the dial by hand.
- The lightweight cast aluminium twin-spar frame realises the optimal rigidity balance for stability and handling performance. The swingarm is also aluminium supporting the balance and light handling.
- Height Adjustable Windscreen is adjustable on the V-STROM 1050X without any tools.