For wherever your journey takes you
Experience the exhilaration of carefree touring and exploration. No matter where, or how far, that journey takes you. It’s tough, capable, nimble and controllable. It’s ready to take you wherever you want to go.
Introducing the Suzuki V-STROM 1050RR that offers riders an even greater range of long-distance adventure touring possibilities, while adopting new or updated features that further heighten riding pleasure, comfort and utility.
Designed with more attention to maximising comfort and performance for long-distance adventure touring, primarily on paved surfaces, features include cast aluminium wheels with a 19- inch front and 17-inch rear tyre, and large touring windscreen with handy quick-release height adjustment.
Universal V-STROM 1050 family features include a new bi-directional quickshifter and five-inch TFT screen, updated cruise control, a slightly stiffer twist action on the ride-by-wire electronic throttle for a more natural feel, and revised ratios for first and sixth gears. There’s also vertically stacked LED lighting and USB/12V charging portals.
Other electronics employed on the V-STROM 1050s under the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (SIRS) umbrella are the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), Suzuki Easy Start System, Low RPM Assist, Combined Brake System and Hill Hold Control.
Powered by Suzuki’s venerable 1037cc 90-degree V-twin (79kW/100Nm) carried over from the outgoing V-STROM 1050XT, but now with hollow sodium-filled exhaust valves to help reduce combustion chamber temperatures, the V-STROM 1050 is built to perform, go the distance, and get you to your destination in comfort.
|4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90º V-twin
|Engine Displacement (CC)
|Bore x Stroke
|100.0 mm x 66.0 mm
|Overall Length (mm)
|Overall Width (mm)
|Overall Height (mm)
|Ground Clearance (mm)
|Seat Height (mm)
|Curb Mass (kg)
|Suspension - Front
|Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
|Suspension - Rear
|Link type, coil spring, oil damped
|Brakes - Front
|Brakes - Rear
|Tyre - Front
|110/80R19M/C 59V, tubeless
|Tyre - Rear
|150/70R17M/C 69V, tubeless
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)
- The liquid-cooled, DOHC, 1037cc 90° V-twin engine meets Euro 5 emissions control standards while achieving high power and maintaining low fuel consumption. The engine delivers a deep rumble in the low rpm range, strong and linear torque in the mid-range and maximum horsepower in the high rpm range with a smooth run-up.
- ·Bi-directional quickshifter
- Traction control system is used to let the rider be in control with more confidence in diverse conditions with less stress and fatigue. The traction control mode is increased to three modes plus off mode for diverse road conditions, or to match the rider’s preference more. Note: Traction control system is not a substitute for rider’s throttle control under the various conditions and traction control cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when entering turns, or while braking, and it does not control front wheel traction.
- Updated Cruise Control system maintains the set speed without the rider having to operate the throttle - a feature for long-distance touring that helps reduce rider fatigue. Cruising speed can be set from approximately 50km/h to 160km/h at fourth gear or above. A switch on the right handlebars can be pressed to put cruise control into standby, and a selector switch (up/down) on the left handlebars allows the rider to adjust the speed.
- The Motion Track Brake System combines information on the posture of the vehicle with the front and rear wheel speeds. This allows the ABS to activate not only in a straight line but also when the vehicle is leaning.
- Hill Hold Control System for when the vehicle stops on an upward slope and applies the brakes, this system automatically operates the rear brake for around 30 seconds to prevent the vehicle from backing down the hill even if the rider releases the brake lever/pedal.
- Load Dependent Control System supports optimal braking in response to load conditions. The system constantly learns changes in the braking deceleration through the input of hydraulic pressure as the load increases or decreases when riding with a load or in tandem.
- Slope Dependent Control System constantly monitors the posture of the vehicle even when the vehicle is travelling downhill. When the rider operates the brake lever or pedal on a downhill, the electronic control unit controls brake pressure to prevent rear wheel lift.
- Updated Ride-by-Wire dual electronic throttle assemblies, cruise control, traction control with four sensitivity modes, a three-mode Drive Mode Selector, and the Easy Start System that makes start-ups quick and easy.
- The Low RPM assist system monitors and automatically raise the idle speed when taking off from a stop or when riding slowly making it easier for you to pull away from a standstill.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) works as an assist clutch to make the lever easier to pull while transmitting the power output, reducing fatigue on long touring.
- Electronic Throttle Body Now, ride-by-wire throttle system is simpler, lighter and more compact than the previous model, with a larger bore (49mm compared to 45mm of the previous model). The throttle body is independently installed to both the front and rear cylinder. Each throttle body has a single butterfly valve, allowing each to be opened and closed using its own independent motor for precise control.
- Camshafts and Cam-timing Both the exhaust and intake cam profile are changed so that the amount of lift is increased and the cam- timing has been set with less overlap providing better combustion efficiency and contributes to higher power output and low fuel consumption.
- Dual Spark Technology Each cylinder head is equipped with two iridium spark plugs. The ignition timing is controlled independently contributing to high combustion efficiency, higher power output, a more linear throttle response, easier engine startup and a more stable idle.
- The ECM (Engine Control Module) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has optimized settings to meet Euro 5 regulations.
- The liquid-cooled oil cooler is located where the oil filter is attached, and takes up less space and is both lightweight and compact. The liquid-cooled oil cooler provides flawless lubrication for a more powerful engine.
- Multi-function Instrument Cluster
- USB port ideal for a smartphone or navigation system.
- Adjustable Suspension wth an inner tube diameter of only 43mm, the spring preload and compression/rebound damping of the KYB inverted front forks can be fully adjusted, allowing the suspension to be set based on the preference of the rider or the usage conditions. The rear suspension is a bottom link type mono-shock, and the preload can be adjusted simply by turning the dial by hand.
- The lightweight cast aluminium twin-spar frame realises the optimal rigidity balance for stability and handling performance. The swingarm is also aluminium supporting the balance and light handling.
- Height Adjustable Windscreen is adjustable on the V-STROM 1050RC without any tools.
- Five-inch TFT screen
- Stacked LED lighting
- USB/12V charging portals