Brand new from the ground up, the Suzuki GSX-8S has a brand-new engine and frame built around it as a perfect match. The parallel-twin 776cc DOHC, 4-valve per-cylinder engine includes a long-stroke configuration that provides a fine balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm and the satisfying feeling of free-revving performance through to the high end.
Its 270-degree crankshaft design delivers a smooth ride; plenty of torque, positive traction, and a powerful exhaust sound similar to that of a V-twin engine. It also introduces the Suzuki Cross Balancer, an innovative new primary balancer design that contributes to smooth operation and helps enhance the GSX800’s nimble handling.
The tight, clean lines of the GSX-8S's front and tail sections are contrasted by the muscular mass in its centre. Every detail, right down to the distinctive short new muffler design, gives the appeal of slim, compact styling that instantly conveys performance potential in its mass-forward aggressive stance. This is further highlighted by proudly flaunting the engine, frame, and other functional parts to bring a whole new feeling to the unique character of the GSX800 establishing it as the naked street fighter for a new era.
In addition to LED lighting both front and rear, and the instrument panel’s colour LCD screen, the GSX-8S also boasts the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) which includes the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), Suzuki Traction Control System (STSC), Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System, Bi-directional Quick Shift System, Suzuki Easy Start System, and Low RPM Assist.
The controllability, satisfying performance, and optimised comfort let you ride with confidence, and it’s ready to change your world. Unlock its potential and enjoy the ride.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||776|
|Bore x Stroke||84.0 mm x 70.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2115|
|Overall Width (mm)||775|
|Overall Height (mm)||1105|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||145|
|Seat Height (mm)||810|
|Curb Mass (kg)||202|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C 58W, tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||180/55ZR17M/C 73W tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||14|
- Newly developed 776cc parallel twin DOHC engine delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm and the pleasant feeling of free-revving performance through to the high end.
- The ignition timing of the engine’s 270-degree crankshaft layout is the same as that on Suzuki’s (90°) V-twin engines, meaning it produces the same powerful rumble and sound for which V-twins are favoured. In addition, the 450 degrees of crank revolution between cylinder firings, (between 270° and 720°), extends the time between power pulses and gives the rear wheel the time it needs to regain traction. This is particularly beneficial when riding on unpaved surfaces or powering out of corners.
- Suzuki Cross Balancer, the first of its type on a production motorcycle to position its two balancers at 90° to the crankshaft. This patented mechanism suppresses vibration to contribute to smooth operation, and a compact, lightweight engine design.
- Cooling system inlet control helps maintain consistent engine temperature and eliminate rough idle while warming the engine in cold weather.
- Electronic throttle bodies help achieve faithful response and a linear feeling to throttle action.
- The 2-into-1 exhaust system features a dual-stage catalytic converter inside the collector that helps satisfy Euro 5 emissions standards and a striking new short design.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) leverages precision-engineered ramps to force the clutch boss and pressure plate together and efficiently transfer torque to the rear wheel under acceleration, all while using softer clutch springs. The slipper clutch partially disengages when downshifting to decelerate to mitigate the effect of engine braking. By helping to prevent the rear tyre from hopping and providing smoother deceleration, this function enables the rider to shift down with greater confidence and maintain better control.
SUZUKI Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.)
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) offers a choice between three modes better support the rider in differing conditions; Active, Basic, or Comfort.
- The Traction Control System with 3 mode settings (+ OFF) enables greater control over the bike’s behaviour under diverse riding conditions.
- Ride-by-wire electronic throttle control system
- Suzuki’s Bi-directional Quick Shift System (with ON/OFF settings) provides quicker, smoother, more assured shifting, without operating the clutch lever while in motion.
- ABS contributes to more stable braking by helping prevent the wheels from locking up, even under hard braking.
- Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with just one quick press of the starter button.
- Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist function helps maintain engine idle speed to make pulling away from a standing start even smoother and easier.
- A new steel frame developed for the GSX-8S contributes to comfort, straight-line stability, and nimble handling.
- Dual radial mount front disc brake calipers act on ø310mm floating-mount discs provide sure stopping power and controllability.
- KYB inverted front forks with a 130mm stroke deliver a smooth, controllable ride.
- Adjustable KYB link-type rear suspension.
- Cast aluminium wheels featuring a unique new design.
- New Dunlop SPORTMAX Roadsport2 tyres.
- Uniquely shaped lightweight aluminium swingarm with enhanced torsional rigidity.
- Tapered aluminium handlebars.
- A custom 5-inch colour TFT LCD multi-function instrument panel.
- Vertically stacked LED headlights.
- Unique compact LED position lights flank the headlights as they trace forward and down along the front cowl.
- The LED rear combination light features a compact new design introduced for the first time on a Suzuki motorcycle.