Riding season is here and so is SuzukiFest! Don't miss out on the amazing offers across your favourite Suzuki motorcycles.
As much as a GSX-R1000 owns the racetrack, the 2020 GSX-S1000 owns the street. Developed using the attributes of the championship-winning, long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, this naked sportbike carries Suzuki’s performance spirit to every ride. The GSX-R connection does not stop there, as the GSX-S1000 shares other chassis technology and components so this bike can carve up the corners while providing all-day riding comfort.
It’s more than just an attitude, a spirit, or a lineage though; it’s about performance-packed hard parts evolving from one generation to the next. The GSX-S1000’s 999cc, inline-four-cylinder powerplant is based on the legendary K5 GSX-R1000 engine. That generation engine is the ideal choice to build a litre-class, naked sportbike around, as it makes strong peak power with a robust torque curve that delivers street-dominating power.
The GSX-S1000’s special design clutch and throttle mechanism smooths shifting, engine braking, and power delivery allowing the rider to effortlessly conquer any type of road. There are electronic rider aids lifted from Suzuki’s supersport bikes, such as the Suzuki Advanced Traction Control System, plus the Suzuki Easy Start, and Low RPM Assist systems.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||999|
|Bore x Stroke||73.4 mm x 59.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2115|
|Overall Width (mm)||795|
|Overall Height (mm)||1080|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||140|
|Seat Height (mm)||810|
|Curb Mass (kg)||209|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||17|
- Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999cc inline-four engine, street-tuned version of the legendary 2005-2007 GSX-RlO00 engine, is designed to provide smooth throttle response, immediate, controlled acceleration
- The pistons were engineered with the use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight. The piston and piston rings are designed 3% lighter than that of the 2007 GSX-R engine without compromising the durability.
- The cam profiles are designed to optimize the valve timing to tune the GSX-R1000 engine - which is designed keeping in mind racetrack use - to obtain the GSX-S1000 power character that's more suited to the streets and winding roads.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Fuel injection system employs Suzuki's original, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle body (same size as GSX-R1000K7), the secondary throttle valves are controlled by servo motor for smooth power delivery and optimum combustion efficiency.
- 10-holes long-nosed injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- The exhaust system is 4-into-2into-1 system, it has equalizer pipes between 1 and 4, 2 and 3 header pipes. This design contributes to stronger low-to-mid range output by fine tuning the exhaust pressure waves.
- The Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system controls exhaust pressure waves in order to improve engine combustion at low rpm.
- Suzuki's traction control system continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle position sensor, crank position sensor and gear position sensor, and quickly reduce engine output when wheel spin is detected.
- Back-torque-limiting clutch is equipped that contribute to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Main frame is aimed to provide nimble handling and great road holding performance. The frame is designed with latest FEM analysis technology; the weight of the frame is lighter than that of the current GSX-Rl000.
- 43mm KYB Inverted front fork has 120mm stroke, provide sporty yet plush ride. The front fork is fully adjustable damping, rebound, compression and spring pre-load.
- Brembo mono-block front brake calipers are mated with 310mm floating-mount dual discs provides strong braking performance.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed 50 times per wheel rotation, and matches stopping power to available traction.* Only equipped on GSX-S1000A.
- The 6-spoke cast-aluminum wheels, manufactured by TRP, are made lightweight, provide nimble handling and sporty appearance.
- Dunlop radial tires, D214F (front) and D214R (rear) provide great grip in sport riding on the public roads.
- The handlebar is Renthal Fatbar. Its aluminium made, tapered design increases the rigidity of the handlebar, and reduces weight and vibration.
- The seat height is 810mm, the lowest in 1000cc street sports class. The seat and fuel tank meet slim, it makes feet reach ground easier.
- A distinctively shaped headlight is multi-reflector type with 12V60/55W bulbs. LED position lights are located under the headlight.
- Thin, flatly shaped rear combination lights use LED for high visibility and long life.
- Full LCD Instrument cluster is designed lightweight and compact. Readouts include speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, and a clock.
- Suzuki Easy start system needs just one-push the starter switch just like the recent automobile's engine start system without pulling the clutch lever if the gear is in neutral. The 32-bit ECM recognizes the signals and keeps starter motor working for a certain time.
The 2020 Suzukifest promotion runs at participating Suzuki dealers from 19 October 2020 - 31 January 2021 unless otherwise stated, or while current stocks last. Offers are not available in conjunction with any other promotion. Prices for all road units are exclusive of on-road costs. Please ask your Suzuki dealer for a quote for on-road costs.