Grab hold of Suzuki’s 2020 Supermoto DR-Z400SM, the street hybrid that’s 80% dirt bike and 100% fun. Ride tall in traffic, and then dominate in rough road conditions where most other bikes have to back off.
Suzuki's SuperMoto DR-Z400SM is based on the proven DR-Z400S. So it combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow, lightweight, street-legal package. This bike brings off-road soul and fun to paved roads. It’s not uncommon to take the SuperMoto down a twisty forest road, around tight gorge corners, or through commuter traffic.
Its 398cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine provides strong low-rpm torque and crisp throttle response for any of these occasions. Key differences between the DR-Z400SM and the DR-Z400S are the inverted front fork, wide, spoke-style wheels, and 300mm diameter floating front brake rotor. The inverted fork contributes to less unsprung weight and improved overall handling, while the large brake and wider rims with high-grip tires offer an exhilarating sportbike experience.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||398|
|Bore x Stroke||90.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Carburettor MIKUNI BSR36, single|
|Overall Length (mm)||
|Overall Width (mm)||
|Overall Height (mm)||1200|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||
|Seat Height (mm)||
|Curb Mass (kg)||146|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70R 17M/C 58H, tube type|
|Tyre - Rear||140/70R 17M/C 66H, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||10|
- 398 cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine, delivering broad, tractable power and torque.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) -plated cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- Dry-sump lubrication system makes the crankcase compact and helps achieve low engine positioning for agile handling.
- Lightweight magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing for efficient combustion.
- Compact electric starter motor and automatic decompression system for easy starting.
- Massive 310 mm floating type front disc brake, the same size used on the GSX-R1000.
- Slim bodywork featuring super-smooth transitions between the fuel tank, seat, radiator, side covers and rear fender.
- Long-stroke inverted front forks for an extra-smooth stroking action.
- Long-travel, damping and spring preload-adjustable rear shock absorber connected to the stylishly tapered aluminium alloy swingarm with a progressive linkage.
- RENTHAL tapered aluminium alloy handlebars reduce the amount of vibration reaching the grips.
- Narrow, lightweight thin-wall chrome-moly steel tube frame and a bolt-on type, aluminium-alloy subframe made for light-responsive handling.
- Front and rear axle sliders for less damage of axles.
- The digital instrument includes speedometer, odometer, dual trip metres with addition/subtraction functions, clock and stopwatch.
- Bright 60/55W H4 halogen headlight, lightweight turn signals and compact taillight/brake light with a compact maintenance-free battery.