V-Twin power for the street
What started in 1999 as a motorcycle built to deliver “V-Twin fun”, the Suzuki SV650 quickly became a rider’s phenomenon around the world.
Not only was this universal motorcycle well-suited for urban roads but it was right at home on the racetrack too.
Raising the “V-twin fun machine” performance even higher with latest Suzuki innovations, the SV650’s newest version now sets a higher standard. The new SV650 is a rider’s go-anywhere dream machine.
Available as a full power model or LAMS.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90º V-twin|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||645|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2130|
|Overall Width (mm)||760|
|Overall Height (mm)||1090|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||135|
|Seat Height (mm)||785|
|Curb Mass (kg)||197|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload adjustable|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||13.8|
- Light Weight - With a remarkable weight of only 197 kg, the SV650 makes manoeuvring and handling a sheer joy. The benefits of making the motorcycle lightweight are multi-fold — more responsive acceleration, nimble handling and greater confidence in manoeuvring. Riders of all levels can take to the city or winding roads and experience unrestricted fun.
- Slim Body - Achieving a slim body isn’t only about the motorcycle’s seat height. The SV650’s streamlined profile is the result of ergonomically shaped side covers and optimised seat design, which let you straddle the motorcycle with your feet on the ground comfortably while stopped and easily lean into and manage corners while riding.
- Truss Pipe Frame - The truss is constructed of lightweight steel material that allows an overall slimmed down appearance while proudly emphasising the beauty of the robust V-twin engine.
- Dual Spark 90° V-Twin - The Suzuki V-twin engine is a marvel of engineering and superb versatility. While at lower RPMs, this engine delivers powerful torque that’s easy to handle and a deep robust sound.
- Open the throttle to mid-range, and the power of the engine responds linearly and smoothly, yet always under your control. Finally at higher RPMs, the V-twin cruises with performance ready to go, even at higher gears.
- SCEM - The aluminium die-cast cylinder adopts the patented Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) chrome-plated cylinder, which provides high heat dissipation properties and resistance to wear. The hard exterior coat makes it possible to efficiently dissipate high heat while reducing friction, and achieve a consistent wear resistant seal on the piston rings.
- Dual Spark Technology - Suzuki’s Dual Spark Technology utilises two spark plugs per cylinder for precision ignition. The result is increased combustion efficiency, smoother power delivery, lower fuel consumption and lower emissions.
- Newly designed pistons and rings In order to further improve overall fuel efficiency and emissions control, the V-twin- engine adopts two new innovations: resin coating on the piston skirt for minimised friction between the cylinder and piston, and a special L-shaped piston ring for enhanced seal performance and blow-by gas reduction.
- SDTV Fuel injection - The SV650 features Suzuki’s performance-proven Dual Throttle Valve fuel injection system, which includes dual butterfly valves per cylinder for enhanced power output efficiency. Combined with the ten-hole fuel injectors, fuel combustion efficiency is further optimised as well as smoother power delivery and fuel economy. Furthermore, the system includes a thinner and lighter 39mm throttle body with a built-in ISC (Idle Speed Control), providing even more idling stability and environmental performance.
- Low RPM Assist - New technology is featured on the new SV650, TI-ISC has the Low RPM Assist control function. In the launching operation or low rpm riding conditions, ECM activates ISC system. By opening the ISC circuits, engine rpm slightly raises. Normally in launching the motorcycle, engine rpm drops when the clutch is engaged. This general behaviour causes engine stall. The Low RPM Assist helps rider for smoother launching operation in low rpm range. It also makes easy to ride at low speed in stop and go traffic.