The holeshot can be yours, and that's just the beginning with competition-proven Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) for use on a wide variety of track conditions, and the specialised KYB PSF2 Pneumatic Spring fork provides both easy adjustability and outstanding action to give the RM-Z250 more precise handling than ever. The remarkable KYB rear shock and the well-sorted aluminium twin-spar frame ensure the razor-sharp handling Suzuki’s are famous for.
The 2018 Suzuki 250 delivers innovative technology, and engineering updates, designed to launch you to the front of the pack and lead you to the checkered flag.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||249|
|Bore x Stroke||77.0 mm X 53.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2170|
|Overall Width (mm)||830|
|Overall Height (mm)||1270|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||345|
|Seat Height (mm)||955|
|Curb Mass (kg)||106|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, air spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||80/100-21 51M, tube type|
|Tyre - Rear||100/90-19 57M, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||6.5|
- 249cc, 4-stroke, fuel injected, DOHC engine, with a compact and lightweight design.
- Bold new graphics
- Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch system derived from the factory race bike to help riders’ take-off from the starting gate for an early lead. There are three options riders can choose for the best option per their skill level and starting conditions.
> A Mode: For hard surfaces or less than ideal conditions at the starting gate
> B Mode: When there is better traction and a more aggressive launch is needed
> Base Mode: Standard power launch
- The SFF-Air suspension evolved from the SFF system but without a conventional coil spring resulting in reduced weight, increased inner tube diameter and damper rod/piston size. SFF-Air utilises three tuneable chambers so riders can easily adjust the spring rate with an air pump instead of changing out steel springs.
- Lightweight front brake caliper.
- For quick fuel adjustment setting to suit riding condition, two rich/lean couplers are enclosed.
- Dunlop tyres are changed to the latest MX52 series.
- Standard Renthal Fatbar is stronger and reduces vibration.
- Lightweight PSF2 front fork with easy adjustability.
- KYB rear shock absorber is connected link style to the swingarm via re-shaped cushion rods and spacers. The nitrogen-charged, piggyback style shock features a new top-mounted integral adjuster system for easy adjustment of the high- and low-speed rebound and high- and low-speed compression damping force adjusters. Spring preload can be precisely tuned via a threaded collar on the main shock body.
- Advanced battery-less fuel-injection system featuring a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage and a 16-bit computer.
- The fuel injection system uses a unique capacitor-assisted starting system and is powered by a durable, lightweight magneto-generator after starting.
- Aluminium cylinder with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating is built for durability, lightweight and efficient heat transfer.
- Excel aluminium rims.
- Gripper seat to provide additional grip.
- Optional FI indicator has hour meter function and indicates how many hours engine running.