From the DNA of a supersport legend comes the pure sport roadster. The 2018 GSX-S1000FA. A motorcycle built for real-world excitement.
Beneath the slim fairing of this thrilling machine is the genuine engine and main components of the world-beating GSX-R1000. All in a comfortable package built for serious on-road pleasure. Meet the road with legendary performance.
Go beyond the sportbike. Ride the pure sport roadster.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||999|
|Bore x Stroke||73.4 mm x 59.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2115|
|Overall Width (mm)||795|
|Overall Height (mm)||1180|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||140|
|Seat Height (mm)||810|
|Curb Mass (kg)||214|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||17|
- The fairing is made of low-slung, sharp nose and forward learning fairing panels.
- Newly equipped back torque-limiting clutch
- Ventilation holes between the pistons on the upper crankcase to reduce pumping loss and increasing power output.
- Footrest, shift change pedal, rear brake pedal and brake and clutch lever colours are now black.
- Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999cc inline-four engine, street-tuned version of the legendary 2005-2008 GSX-R1000 engine, is designed to provide smooth throttle response, immediate, controlled acceleration.
- Suzuki’s traction control system continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle position sensor, crank position sensor and gear position sensor, and quickly reduce engine output when wheelspin is detected. Three different traction control modes and off, depending on conditions or rider’s preference.
- Suzuki Easy start system needs just one-push the starter switch just like the recent automobile’s engine start system without pulling the clutch lever if the gear is in neutral. The 32-bit ECM recognises the signals and keeps starter motor working for a certain time.
- Full LCD Instrument cluster readouts include speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, and a clock.
- The pistons were engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight. 3% lighter than the 2007 GSX-R engine without compromising durability.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Fuel injection system employs Suzuki’s original, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle body (same size as GSX-R1000K7), the secondary throttle valves are controlled by servo motor for smooth power delivery and optimum combustion efficiency.
- The exhaust system is 4-into-2 into-1 system; it has equaliser pipes between 1 and 4, 2 and 3 header pipes. This design contributes to stronger low-to-mid range output by fine-tuning the exhaust pressure waves. The Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system controls exhaust pressure waves in order to improve engine combustion at low rpm.
- Main frame is aimed to provide nimble handling and great road holding performance.
- 43mm KYB Inverted front fork which is fully adjustable damping, rebound, compression and spring pre-load.
- Brembo mono-block front brake calipers are mated with 310mm floating-mount dual discs providing strong braking performance.
- ABS monitors wheel speed 50 times per wheel rotation and matches stopping power to available traction.
- Renthal Fatbar handlebar.
- Sporty yet upright riding position with windscreen to reduce rider fatigue.
- The distinctively shaped headlight is a multi-reflector type with twin 12V/55W bulbs. LED position lights are located under the headlight, impresses its distinctive look.
- The cam profiles are designed to optimise the valve timing to tune the GSX-R1000 engine – which is designed keeping in mind racetrack use – to obtain the GSX-S1000 power character that’s more suited to the streets and winding roads.