Own the streets
The 2016 GSX-S1000A is powered by a street-tuned version of the four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999 cc, inline-four engine that became a legend in the 2005–2008 GSX-R1000. The newly honed engine delivers smooth throttle response and immediate, controlled acceleration, so the sport rider experiences adrenaline-rushing performance.
The pure sport roadster is equipped with advanced traction control and track-bred technology which means more confidence and freedom in diverse road and riding conditions.
The chassis is newly designed and the braking technologies are race specification.
It is all part of a lightweight package that gives new meaning to the concept of real-world agility.
Everything to experience. Nothing to stand in your way.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||999|
|Bore x Stroke||73.4 mm x 59.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2115|
|Overall Width (mm)||795|
|Overall Height (mm)||1080|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||140|
|Seat Height (mm)||815|
|Curb Mass (kg)||209|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||17|
- Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999cc inline-four engine, street-tuned version of the legendary 2005-2008 GSX-R1000 engine, is designed to provide smooth throttle response, immediate, controlled acceleration.
- The pistons were engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight. 3% lighter than the 2007 GSX-R engine without compromising durability.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Fuel injection system employs Suzuki’s original, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle body (same size as GSX-R1000K7), the secondary throttle valves are controlled by servo motor for smooth power delivery and optimum combustion efficiency.
- The exhaust system is 4-into-2 into-1 system; it has equaliser pipes between 1 and 4, 2 and 3 header pipes. This design contributes to stronger low-to-mid range output by fine tuning the exhaust pressure waves. The Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system controls exhaust pressure waves in order to improve engine combustion at low rpm.
- Suzuki’s traction control system continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle position sensor, crank position sensor and gear position sensor, and quickly reduce engine output when wheel spin is detected. Engine output is controlled by managing ignition timing and air delivery to ensure smoother traction control operation. Rider can select 3 different traction control modes and off, depends on conditions or rider’s preference.
- Main frame is aimed to provide nimble handling and great road holding performance. The frame is designed with latest FEM analysis technology.
- 43mm KYB Inverted front fork which is fully adjustable damping, rebound, compression and spring pre-load.
- Brembo mono-block front brake calipers are mated with 310mm floating-mount dual discs providing strong braking performance.
- ABS monitors wheel speed 50 times per wheel rotation, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- Handlebar is Renthal Fatbar. Its aluminium made, tapered design increases the rigidity of the handlebar, and reduces weight and vibration.
- Riding position is designed for sporting comfort. Sporty yet upright riding position with windscreen reduces rider’s fatigue.
- Distinctively shaped headlight is multi-reflector type with twin 12V/55W bulbs. LED position lights are located under the headlight, impresses its distinctive look.
- Full LCD Instrument cluster is lightweight (only 275g) and compact. Readouts include speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, and a clock. Only GSX-S1000F has a Gear position indicator among Japanese 1000cc faired street sports.
- Suzuki Easy start system needs just one-push the starter switch just like the recent automobile’s engine start system without pulling the clutch lever if the gear is in neutral. The 32-bit ECM recognises the signals and keeps starter motor working for a certain time.