GSX-R1000RZA 100TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
The King of Sportbikes
As Suzuki marks its 100th anniversary as a company in 2020, the new 2021 GSX-R1000R 100th Anniversary Edition arrives to celebrate the brand’s achievements on the racetrack.
In 1985, Suzuki revolutionized the sportbike category with the introduction of the original GSX-R750, then rewarded enthusiasts and racers in 2001 with the original GSX-R1000. Now, the limited-availability GSX-R1000R 100th Anniversary Edition also recognizes Suzuki’s 60th year in racing, a milestone celebrated with the MotoGP team’s retro-inspired livery. The MotoGP GSX-RR's traditional blue and slate silver paint scheme pays homage to Suzuki’s early Grand Prix machines of the 1960s.
At the pinnacle of the GSX-R family of ultra-high performance motorcycles, the GSX-R1000R’s versatile engine provides class-leading power that is delivered smoothly and controllably across a broad rpm range. The compact chassis delivers nimble handling with excellent suspension feel and braking control, ready to conquer a racetrack or cruise a country road. Advanced electronic rider aids enhance the riding experience while the distinctive, aerodynamic GSX-R bodywork slices through the wind.
The GSX-R1000R has an unmatched combination of reliability, durability, usability, and overall performance with excellent racing potential in a striking package that respects a century of Suzuki excellence.
At participating dealers only.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||1000|
|Bore x Stroke||76.0 mm x 55.1 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2075|
|Overall Width (mm)||705|
|Overall Height (mm)||1145|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||130|
|Seat Height (mm)||825|
|Curb Mass (kg)||203|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Swingarm, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||190/55ZR17M/C (75W) tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||
- Based upon the Team Suzuki ECSTAR livery, the GSX-R1000R 100th*anniversary edition features a metallic blue and silver paint scheme.
- Bi-directional quick shift system allowing the rider to upshift and downshift without using the clutch or the throttle.
- Launch control system making it easier to get a good start off the line.
- Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999.8cc incline-four engine is the most powerful, hardest accelerating, cleanest running GSX-R engine ever built.
- SHOWA Balance Free front forks
- SHOWA Balance Free rear lite shock
- Lightweight upper triple clamp
- LED position lights
- Variable valve timing (VVT)
- IMU sensor to track motorcycle motion and position of the motorcycle in 6 directions, along 3 axis – pitch, roll and yaw.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS)
- Motion Track Traction Control System
- Motion Track Brake System
- Full LCD multi-function instrument panel
- The short-stroke engine has a 76.0 mm bore versus a 55.1mm stroke, yet is narrower than the prior generation GSX-R1000 thanks to the effective design.
- Titanium valves, two 31.5mm intake and two 24mm exhaust valves, are used for each cylinder. The lighter valves respond well to the finger follower’s arms and permit a 14,500 RPM redline that helps produce very high peak horsepower.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coated cylinders are integrated into the upper crankcase to reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- The high 13.2:1 compression ratio helps produce high horsepower. The cylinder head’s shallow combustion chamber minimise heat produced during operation.
- The EFI system uses Suzuki’s Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle Bodies where the throttle valves are controlled by a servomotor for fast response to rider throttle grip input while delivering precise and smooth power delivery.
- The automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) improves cold starting and stabilises the engine idle regardless of engine temperature.
- Suzuki Ram Air Direct (SRAD) intake ducts are used to exponentially increase the volumetric flow of air amount coming in the air box as road speed increases.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system with titanium muffler is designed to help the engine deliver a wide range of performance with an exciting rush up to redline. The titanium muffler has a pleasing appearance while creating an exciting, distinctive sound.
- The Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system valve in the mid-pipe helps control back-pressure and flow to the muffler to widen power delivery and reduce exhaust sounds without needing a larger silencer.
- The cooling system was designed using advanced analysis design so the coolant flows through the engine and radiator more efficiently. This design uses less coolant than the previous model while being more compact and lighter.
- The fairing lowers efficiently guide cooling air to the high-capacity curved radiator. Twin cooling fans ensure good cooling at lower road speeds.
- Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of an air-cooled, radiator-style oil cooler mounted directly below the main radiator.
- The cassette-style, six-speed transmission lets riders precisely match the gear ratio to the riding condition. A cassette-style transmission can be easily removed from the crankcase as an assembly with the engine still in the frame, facilitating racetrack gear changes and simplified service.
- The primary gear ratio is lower compared to the prior GSX-R1000 generation for stronger acceleration.
- A programmable shift light is on the main panel to provide a visual alert to the rider to shift when a certain engine RPM is reached.
- Equipped with the Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) multi-plate, wet clutch. SCAS works like a slipper clutch during downshifts, while increasing pressure on the plates during acceleration. This smooths engine braking and lightens the clutch lever pull.
- To reduce moving mass, a 525-size drive chain is used with a 45/17 final sprocket ratio that complements the larger, rear tyre dimensions.
- Using lessons learning from Suzuki MotoGP chassis development, the engine angle of the GSX-R1000R was rotated backwards 6-degrees. This had the joint effect of reducing the distance of the fork to the centre of the chassis by 20mm and increase the swingarm length by 40mm. This increased chassis stability and improves aerodynamics.
- The front brakes are complemented by a 240mm rear disc brake with a NISSIN single-piston caliper to help make sure you can have controlled stops.
- Unique to Suzuki, the lightweight six-spoke wheels reduce unsprung mass and have been designed to handle the braking and drive forces that a GSX-R1000 can create.
- The track-day ready Bridgestone RS11 low mass tyres are premium high-grip radials that achieve excellent handling and stability.
- The reasonable sport riding position is created by a carefully crafted relationship between the clip-on’s, footrests and seat. The top of the fuel tank is lowered 21mm to make it easier for the rider to tuck in on a racetrack straightaway.
- The shifter and rear brake pedal are adjustable in relation to the footrests, and the hand controls are adjustable in relation to the grips. The front brake lever has a slot machined in the end to prevent wind pressure from applying the front brake.
- The LED headlight is lightweight, bright and distinctive. This low-electric draw light has a narrow, stacked shape to allow the SRAD ducts at the nose of the fair access to the high-pressure air created at higher speeds.
- LED Combination tail and brake light has a very low electrical draw and the vertically stacked shape permits the tail section to be narrow for better air flow at the back of the motorcycle. The licence plate is also illuminated by a LED light.
- The passenger seat can be removed and exchanged with an optional solo tail cowl.