GSX-R600Z 100TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Everyone likes a Screamer
Nothing sounds better than a race-tuned GSX-R at maximum RPM.
As Suzuki marks its 100th anniversary as a company in 2020, the new 2021 GSX-R600 100th Anniversary Edition arrives to celebrate the brand’s achievements on the racetrack.
In 1985, Suzuki revolutionized the sportbike category with the introduction of the original GSX-R750, and later expanded the line with the addition of the GSX-R600. The limited-availability GSX-R600 100th Anniversary Edition also recognizes Suzuki’s 60th year in racing, a milestone celebrated with the MotoGP team’s retro-inspired livery. The MotoGP GSX-RR's traditional blue and slate silver paint scheme pays homage to Suzuki’s early Grand Prix machines of the 1960s.
The GSX-R600 100th Anniversary Edition is an excellent example of Suzuki innovation blending race-winning capability with impeccable street manners. The GSX-R600’s compact, powerful, four-cylinder engine promptly reacts when you hit the throttle, while its supremely refined suspension and brakes provide precise, responsive handling.
The GSX-R600 100th Anniversary Edition remains true to the GSX-R’s original concept and championship-winning heritage, delivering an exciting riding experience in a striking package that respects a century of Suzuki excellence.
At participating dealers only.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||599|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0 mm x 42.5 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2030|
|Overall Width (mm)||710|
|Overall Height (mm)||1135|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||130|
|Seat Height (mm)||810|
|Curb Mass (kg)||187|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link Type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||
- A compact 599cc, four-cylinder engine with a race-proven over-square bore/stroke ratio produces remarkably strong high rpm power delivery.
- The energy-efficient engine employs forged pistons, shot-peened connecting rods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes to reduce frictional and mechanical losses.
- Camshafts with aggressive valve-lift profiles were developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology – the first time this method has been applied to a production Suzuki.
- Lightweight titanium alloy valves are controlled by single-coil valve springs to reduce valve train mass, reducing mechanical losses at high rpm.
- Lightweight and durable forged pistons were designed using the same Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used for MotoGP racing engines.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection uses eight fine-spray eight-hole injectors for improved fuel atomization, which contributes to more complete combustion.
- An Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Advanced, MotoGP-developed transistorized ignition control programming helps maintain more precise spark timing across the range of engine speed and temperature.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road or track conditions and personal tastes.
- Four-into-one stainless steel exhaust system with a titanium muffler is fitted with a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve that maximizes torque and improves throttle response, especially in the low- to mid-rpm range.
- The close-ratio six-speed transmission features a taller first-gear ratio and shorter ratios for second, third, fourth, and sixth gears, making it easier for a racer to get a good start while improving straight-line acceleration and drive out of corners.
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminium alloy frame is constructed of five cast sections to produce a balance of light weight and strength.
- The frame is mated with a cast aluminium swingarm and multi-piece rear sub-frame that’s ready for racetrack use.
- Race-developed, lightweight Showa Big Piston Front Fork (BPF) delivers superb feedback and consistent performance.
- Single Showa rear shock absorber features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
- Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- Front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs are grasped by radial-mount, four-piston Brembo Monobloc calipers.
- Three-spoke cast aluminium alloy wheels are shod with lightweight, high-grip front and rear tires for sharp handling.
- Three-way adjustable foot pegs, adjustable shift lever and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position that permits the rider movement required for performance riding.
- Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine rpm indicators alert the rider to certain shift points.
- Trim, simple, and lightweight bodywork creates an exciting, aerodynamic style that truly works well at speed.
- Distinctive multi-reflector headlight with vertically stacked high- and low-beam halogen bulbs is cantered between position lights on each side.
- Bright, durable LED tail light, with clear lens.
- The front turn signals are integrated into the rear-view mirrors while the rear tail section houses the rear signals.
- The lightweight instruments also include an analogue tachometer and LCD readouts that show speed, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS, and gear position indicators.