2020 V-STROM 1050RC
Adventure Touring Starts Here
The 2020 V-STROM 1050RC legend is here to help you escape into the wilderness and explore to your heart’s content. A sleek look with the latest features allows for a smooth and comfortable ride. Limitless potential is engineered in so you can continue your adventure without pause.
The V-STROM’s 1037cc, 90-degree V-twin engine has more peak power than ever before while maintaining its strong pull off the bottom and superb fuel economy while complying with emissions standards worldwide. The camshafts and pistons are fed by a pair of large, 49mm, Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies that deliver smooth, light, and precise throttle grip action.
The Traction Control System, with four modes of adjustment is joined by a Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) that lets the rider choose from three different engine power delivery characteristics. Regardless of weather conditions, the Suzuki Easy Start System fires the V-STROM’s engine up with just a momentary press of the starter button. Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist system returns, making it easier for a V-STROM rider to avoid stalling the engine when pulling away from a stop or manoeuvring through heavy traffic.
Like every V-Strom before it, the style, performance, and value of the 2020 V-STROM 1050RC will be instantly recognised by experienced and enthusiastic riders. No other bike in its class delivers trouble-free adventure like the DL1050RC.
* Applies to 2020 DL1050RCM0 only, through participating authorised Suzuki dealers while stocks last.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90º V-twin|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||1037|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 mm x 66.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2265|
|Overall Width (mm)||940|
|Overall Height (mm)||1510|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||160|
|Seat Height (mm)||850|
|Curb Mass (kg)||247|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||110/80R19M/C 59V, tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||150/70R17M/C 69V, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||20|
- The styling retains Suzuki’s original rally-beak look with a stacked, rectangular LED headlight while paying homage to past Dakar Rally bikes and the DR-Big large-displacement DualSport.
- The 1037cc, V-twin engine has more horsepower than ever before but retains its strong pull in the lower-rpm range and good fuel economy while complying with worldwide emissions standards.
- Features include Ride-by-Wire dual electronic throttle assemblies, traction control with four sensitivity modes, a three-mode Drive Mode Selector, and the Easy Start System that makes start-ups quick and easy.
- A multifunction instrument panel presents all required information on a full LCD screen using a clean and intuitive layout with information displayed in order of priority.
- Tokico Monoblock, four-piston front brake calipers with 310mm floating-mount dual discs are connected to Suzuki’s Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) for strong and consistent stopping performance. Note: Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- The traction control system is used to let the rider be in control with more confidence in diverse conditions with less stress and fatigue. The traction control mode is increased to three modes plus off mode for diverse road conditions, or to match the rider’s preference more. Note: The traction control system is not a substitute for rider’s throttle control under the various conditions and traction control cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when entering turns, or while braking, and it does not control front wheel traction.
- The Low RPM assist system monitors and automatically raise the idle speed when taking off from a stop or when riding slowly making it easier for you to pull away from a standstill.
- The output of the six-speed, close-ratio transmission is managed by the Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS). This system works like a slipper clutch by allowing a small amount of clutch slip to enable smooth downshifts. It also works as an assist clutch, making the clutch lever pull light and precise.
- Electronic Throttle Body
- Now, ride-by-wire throttle system is simpler, lighter and more compact than the previous model, with a larger bore (49mm compared to 45mm of the previous model). The throttle body is independently installed to both the front and rear cylinder. Each throttle body has a single butterfly valve, allowing each to be opened and closed using its own independent motor for precise control.
- Camshafts and Cam-timing Both the exhaust and intake cam profile are changed so valve lift is increased and the valve-timing has less overlap to boost engine power while reducing fuel consumption.
- Twin iridium-type spark plugs are used in the Dual Spark Plug System to deliver a more condensed and hotter spark, yet they last longer than conventional plugs.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) has a faster processor and new programming to efficiently operate the fuel-injection system, Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies, ignition, and other electrical features on the V-STROM.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler is located where the oil filter is attached to the engine. This cooler takes up less space and is both lightweight and compact, providing lower temperature lubrication for the more powerful engine.
- The multifunction instrument panel presents all required information on a full LCD screen using a clean and intuitive layout with information displayed in order of priority.
- Movement of the cast aluminium swingarm is controlled by a single rear shock with remote, hydraulic spring preload adjustment so adjusting for cargo or a passenger takes just seconds. The single-shock, link-style rear suspension also features rebound-damping force adjustment.
- A V-Strom legacy is its durable, twin-spar aluminium frame that balances weight and rigidity for optimal handling on all types of roads.
- The height-adjustable windscreen was developed through extensive wind-tunnel testing to reduce wind noise and buffeting to the rider.