MORE TECH. MORE TORQUE. MORE TEMPTATION.
When launched in 1999, the first generation Hayabusa shocked the motorcycle world by delivering a whole new level of speed, power and overall performance. It instantly gained the title of the world’s fastest production motorcycle and gave birth to the ultimate sportbike category. Even though the industry’s adoption of a self-imposed limit soon put an end to the era of top speed wars, the Hayabusa’s outstanding performance across all metrics combined with its nimble handling and eye-catching appearance to keep it in the category’s number-one position for the past two decades.
The original Hayabusa was much more than the sum of its parts. The abundant power its engine produced offered a wider range of gear selection options for any given speed, and this ultimately delivered a more controllable and pleasurable ride. Aerodynamic styling that instilled the Hayabusa with one of the lowest drag coefficients achieved on a production bike not only contributed to controllability, stability and rider comfort but its striking new design also helped realise the Hayabusa’s iconic presence.
Generation two which was launched in 2008 had its styling updated; the engine capacity increased to 1340cc and the overall performance improved.
Now, the third generation Hayabusa leverages the latest technological innovations to provide even greater control and comfort, and ultimately to assist riders to enjoy outings on the ‘Ultimate Sport Bike’.
ARRIVING Q3 2021.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||1340|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 65.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2180|
|Overall Width (mm)||735|
|Overall Height (mm)||1165|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||125|
|Seat Height (mm)||800|
|Curb Mass (kg)||264|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Brembo Stylema, 4-piston, twin disc, ABS|
|Brakes - Rear||Nissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||20|
- Inherits the Hayabusa’s legendary high-performance 1,340cm3, liquid-cooled, inline-four engine while implementing refinements to further improve efficiency, power and durability
- New exhaust system contributes to improved low-mid range power and torque output, and reduces emissions
- Improved engine characteristics result in smoother, more consistently powerful output through the low to mid-range engine speeds most commonly used in daily riding
- Light, strong twin-spar aluminium alloy frame and swingarm constructed using castings and extrusions combine top performance with tried and proven reliability
- Wind-cutting aerodynamic design features one of the best drag coefficients achieved by any motorcycle, excellent lift characteristics and wind protection. In addition to contributing to high-speed stability and controllability, this makes the ride more comfortable and less tiring
- Handling characteristics achieve a fine balance of confidence-inspiring stability at high speeds and nimble handling with reassuring controllability at low speeds
- Improved 43mm KYB front forks and KYB rear suspension to better absorb shock and provide even greater straight-line stability
- 4-piston Brembo Stylema® front brake calipers paired with 320mm outer diameter discs improve braking efficiency
- New exclusively designed Bridgestone tyres provide better grip
- New 7-spoke wheel design improves grip feel
- 50:50 front-rear weight distribution ensures controlled, predictable handling
- Handlebars mounted 12mm closer to the rider vastly improve comfort, reduce fatigue and also enhance handling control when enjoying a sporty ride
ADVANCED ELECTRONIC (CONTROLLABILITY)
- Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.)
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector Alpha (SDMS-α) featuring a selection of 3 factory preset and 3 user definable modes
- Motion Track Traction Control System (10 modes + OFF)
- Power Mode Selector (3 modes)
- Bi-directional Quick Shift System (2 modes + OFF)
- Anti-lift Control System (10 modes + OFF)
- Engine Brake Control System (3 modes + OFF)
- Active Speed Limiter
- Launch Control System (3 modes)
- Emergency Stop Signal
- Suzuki Easy Start System
- Low RPM Assist
- Cruise Control System
- Combined Brake System
- Motion Track Brake System
- Slope Dependent Control System
- Hill Hold Control System
- The new TFT LCD panel features an Active Data display offering a real-time view of the bike’s running status
- Vertically stacked Multi-LED headlight creates a sharp new look with its large, bold styling and eye-pleasing presence
- Position lights with integrated turn signals neatly flanking the outer edges of the large SRAD air intakes are a first on a Suzuki motorcycle.
- LED rear combination lights create a sharp accent running horizontally across the bottom of the tail section
- Ergonomic handlebar switch design features operating ease and efficiency