V-STROM 1000 ABS
Big Heritage, Big Adventures
You’ve got the power, anywhere, anytime.
Slim and light, the powerful V-twin unit will always provide the necessary amount of drive no matter what the situation.
The grunt and power of the 1037cc engine is irresistible for an exciting ride while ensuring when two-up riding with luggage.
The flexibility and good behaviour, combined with power for adrenaline the 2018 V-Strom 1000 ABS is all you need.
$17,999 +ORCFinance Calculator
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90º V-twin|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||1037|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 mm x 66.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2280|
|Overall Width (mm)||930|
|Overall Height (mm)||1470|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||165|
|Seat Height (mm)||850|
|Curb Mass (kg)||232|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||110/80R19M/C 59V, tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||150/70R17M/C 69V, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||20|
- New generation ABS for the next level making it possible for the ABS to activate not only in a straight line but also when the bike is leaning to either side.
- Combination Brake system which automatically applies pressure to the rear brake to stabilise the bike when the front brake pressure rises to a certain pressure.
- Advanced Traction Control System can be switched to either of two modes, or off. Modes 1 and 2 differ in terms of sensitivity. Mode 1 has lower sensitivity; it allows a certain degree of rear wheel spin. Mode 2 has higher sensitivity; the system effects traction control sooner.
- Both front and rear suspensions are fully adjustable.
- Newly designed windscreen to reduce the wind blast and noise to the helmet is taller than the previous model by 49mm and has 3 pre-set positions (the lowest position being standard).
- The windscreen can be lifted 15mm or 30mm upwards depending on rider preference and without tools, by pushing the windscreen to steepen the angle from the normal position.
- The easy to see and easy to operate LCD display information and Traction Control modes are switchable, and is now accessible by using the left handlebar switch, where you can also reset the trip meter.
- Suzuki Easy Start System so with one push of the button the engine will start, whereas previously the button needed to be held down until the engine fires.
- New Low RPM Assist system automatically raises the idle speed when engaging the clutch, or when riding at low RPMs, to preventing sudden engine stalling.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS), the clutch acts as a slipper clutch system when changing down rapidly, while always providing light use of the lever.
- Upright and relaxing riding position will fit any terrain or adventure, and most individual riders.
- Performance enhancing electrics resulting in stronger torque at low and mid-range engine speeds. Plus, a 32-bit engine control module gives precise engine management so it enhances fuel economy and allows more linear throttle response.
- Slim, twin-spar aluminium-alloy frame providing a smooth ride, and a sporty riding experience when pushed hard, and also contributing to fuel economy thanks to its lightweight structure.
- Unique Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system uses a butterfly valve in the exhaust pipe to optimise the exhaust pressure for running conditions, thereby boosting torque at low revs and enhancing throttle response.
- Rear suspension spring pre-load is adjustable without using tools.
- 12V DC outlet positioned below the instrument panel to power satellite navigation systems or charge your phone
- The instruments include an analogue tachometer and a brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include an ABS, Traction Control mode, odometer, dual trip meters, the gear position, the coolant and ambient temperatures, the voltage, the riding range, the average fuel consumption, the instantaneous fuel consumption, the traction control mode, a fuel level, and clock. All of which is accessible from the left handlebar switch, where it is now also possible to reset the trip meter.