The top performer in its class
The Suzuki GSX-R600 is a class-leading sport bike worthy of its race-winning GSX-R heritage. Whether you’re carving through your favourite gorge or dominating the racetrack, it offers unparalleled performance. A compact, powerful 4-cylinder engine demonstrates the advanced race-proven technology of the GSX-R line when you hit the throttle and push it to redline, while supremely refined suspension systems front and rear help provide precise, responsive handling.
The 2017 GSX-R600 - designed to be the top performer in its class, a total package designed to own the racetrack.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||599|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0 mm x 42.5 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2030|
|Overall Width (mm)||710|
|Overall Height (mm)||1135|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||130|
|Seat Height (mm)||810|
|Curb Mass (kg)||187|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||
- 599cc 4-cylinder engine with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio for an efficient, high-revving design.
- The engine employs shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes.
- Lightweight and durable forged pistons are designed using Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used for MotoGP racing engines.
- Camshaft profiles for an aggressive valve-lift curve are developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology – its first use on a production Suzuki.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection uses fine-spray 8-hole injectors for improved fuel atomisation, which contributes to more complete combustion.
- Advanced, MotoGP developed transistorized ignition control circuit helps maintain more precise spark timing across the range of engine temperature.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road conditions and personal tastes.
- 4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system with a titanium muffler carries a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range. Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminium cradle frame is made of five cast sections and cast swingarm.
- Race-developed, lightweight Showa Big Piston front Forks (BPF) deliver superb feedback and consistent performance.
- Single Showa rear shock absorber features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
- Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- Front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs and radial-mount, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers.
- 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever and short fuel tank.
- Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine rpm indicators.
- Small, simple and lightweight bodywork composes an exciting, aerodynamic styling.
- Analog tachometer. LCD readouts include speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS and gear position indicators.
- Suzuki Advanced Immobiliser System (SAIS).