Choose your own adventure
For those who love carving corners and the call of the wild, our dual purpose DR650 deliver comfort on the street, control off the beaten path, and full command everywhere in between. Get ready for an ideal combination of lightweight agility and crisp handling.
Quality-built and featuring a reliable 644cc oil-cooled four-stroke single carried in a strong, steel semi-double cradle frame. The cartridge-style fork and link-style rear suspension can tackle tough trails or urban roads. So a variety of riders can enjoy this motorcycle, the seat height can be significantly reduced. Strong aluminium, spoke-style rims carrying tyres that can handle the street or dirt are fitted so riders can tackle pavement or soil with ease. With new black bodywork and distinctive graphics, the DR650S will look good on any surface it’s ridden on.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||644|
|Bore x Stroke||100 mm x 82 mm|
|Fuel System||Carburettor MIKUNI BST40, single|
|Overall Length (mm)||2255|
|Overall Width (mm)||865|
|Overall Height (mm)||1195 mm - 1155 mm (with lowering kit)|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||265|
|Seat Height (mm)||885 mm - 845 mm (with lowering kit)|
|Curb Mass (kg)||165|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||90/90-21 M/C 54S, tube type|
|Tyre - Rear||120/90-17 M/C 64S, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||13|
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinder for durability, weight reduction, and superior heat transfer.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI ignition system provides accurate ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Convenient electric starter combines with mechanical automatic decompression system for an easy and quick start.
- Lightweight and compact low-maintenance battery.
- Gear-driven single counter balancer system minimizes engine vibration for a comfortable ride.
- Large MIKUNI 40 mm carburettor keeps smooth intake flow and quick throttle response.
- 5-speed wide-ratio transmission for easy riding.
- Light, durable stainless steel muffler.
- Innovative cartridge front forks combine the advantage of conventional and inverted forks; smooth progressive action and less below-axle extension.
- Link-type rear suspension with piggyback-reservoir shock absorber and adjustable compression damping provides stable performance.
- Front and rear suspensions both provide long 260 mm wheel travels for superb maneuverability.*
*In case the seat height is lowered, front and rear suspension both provide 220 mm wheel travels.
- Lightweight, compact, rigid semi-double cradle frame is built to provide excellent on/off road riding.
- Hollow type wheel axles and aluminium swingarm keep less unsprung weight.
- Lightweight 290 mm front floating disc brake with 2-piston calliper and 240 mm rear disc brake with 2-piston calliper together provide reliable stopping power.
- Well-cushioned seat, die-cast aluminium foot pegs and grab bars on both sides together offer a comfortable ride for the pillion rider.
- Full on-road lighting system with bright 60/55W halogen headlight.
- Seat height is optionally lowered by 40 mm (from 885 mm to 845 mm) at your Suzuki dealer. Shorter side stand is also supplied with this option to match lower height.